Pals / Molle Webbing ?

I'm packing for a trip - A big Box, the Aeronaut and the Big Horizontal Brain Cell with PowerBook 17". That got me to pondering. What is it that there's no Pal/Molle Webbing on Tom Bihn luggage? If that Brain cell had been covered on one or both sides with a matrix of webbing, I could have attached some external pouches for cables,power adapter, mouse etc. Sometimes one needs just a certain amount of modularity in adding extra compartments without having to jump to a whole bag. That must explain why Milspec is so heavy on Pals/Molle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOLLE_(military)

along the lines of modularity...

I was looking at the clips in my Smart Alec today and wondering why, instead of a Brain Cell, couldn't there be another type of bag that could clip in to the backpack that would provide a more secure place for organization of sensitive or valuable items for traveling. (I occasionally travel to places where pickpockets are a concern.) I noticed that there are two rows for clips, too, so it could potentially hold two levels of clip-in organizers. Perhaps something like the convertible packing cube...

By the way, does anyone have suggestions for the best way to lock my backpack when I'm in transit?

I'm talking about on the OUTSIDE of cases.
    If you have a double zipper with nice 1/4 diameter holes in the pulls, then a TSA lock should fit. Fabric or paracord zip-pulls prevent lockability.

Quote Originally Posted by drpher View Post
    I was looking at the clips in my Smart Alec today and wondering why, instead of a Brain Cell, couldn't there be another type of bag that could clip in to the backpack that would provide a more secure place for organization of sensitive or valuable items for traveling. (I occasionally travel to places where pickpockets are a concern.) I noticed that there are two rows for clips, too, so it could potentially hold two levels of clip-in organizers. Perhaps something like the convertible packing cube...

By the way, does anyone have suggestions for the best way to lock my backpack when I'm in transit?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0