Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: large packing cube-convertible backpack

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aiethabell View Post
    How long until it is actually in the shop for the lucky locals to see/buy/do the Snoopy Dance?)
    Those who pre-order will get their bags first, regardless if the pre-order is for pick-up in Seattle store or shipping out of state. :)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

This is great. I don't know how I missed this discussion. The main thing missing for me with the original one was the o ring. There are too many things here that I want to order but this and the new light bag are at the top of my list- along with the synapse.
    I have ended up using the original convertible bag in my swift for additional knitting supplies. This would be a great addition to my aeronaut.
    (I'd still like an o ring added to the original one at some point.)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PM4HIRE View Post
    Darcy:

This convertible backpack is a very slick idea, I
    might even order one. And I'm retired!
    Glad you think so! It was a great bag to use on my trip to Alaska. Can't imagine not having one now!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Those who pre-order will get their bags first, regardless if the pre-order is for pick-up in Seattle store or shipping out of state. :)
    OK, just bought one! Now, since I've never pre-ordered (just hopped a bus and shopped in person) I guess I'll just wait for that email telling me to get in pronto!

And now for the new Dyneema tote... ah, shopping at and with Tom Bihn is such fun. Even more fun than that dratted Larabar addiction this forum has created!
    Indigo Co-Pilot w' Cache, Sapphire/Olive Medium Cafe bag, Sapphire/Black and Indigo Ballistic Swifts, 50+ assorted Stuff Sacks/Pouches/Key Straps, 4 Shop Bags. 2 Absolutes, 2 Strap Wraps, a #5 Brain Cell, 3 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes , 3 Aeronaut cubes, a 3D, a Kit, a Convertible Shoulder Bag and Convertible Backpack for my Indigo/Solar Aeronaut. Last, 3 Lifefactory Bottles and my Plum Field Journal! Plus a blue (natch) FOT. All bags decked out with Tom Bihn luggage tags .

Super Moderator
    "And now for the new Dyneema tote... ah, shopping at and with Tom Bihn is such fun. Even more fun than that dratted Larabar addiction this forum has created!"

Indeed. I'd never heard of them before seeing them in people's "what I packed" pictures linked here, and only bought them to deplete the balance on a school-scrip debit account, but they're so good I now want them even paying with "real money."

timothy

Volunteer Moderator

this is perfect!

i've packed a large cafe bag inside of my aeronaut for past trips, and this is Convertible Packing Cube/Backpack is exactly what i need as a bag at my destination!

i'm pre-ordering one and taking it with me for my trip to india this october. i'll carry it inside my aeronaut and then use it while i am in india.

i'll also be stopping in paris for the day on my way back from india - i have an 11 hour layover, so i'll use that time to go into the city. if all goes well, i will actually check in my aeronaut for the return trip and just carry this as my backpack. hopefully, it will all go well - i haven't checked in a bag for my india trips since i got the aeronaut, and have loved being able to walk right past baggage claim and proceed to customs upon my arrival :).

what will i be carrying? no laptop - this is a vacation! in addition to clothing, bathroom articles and travel documents, i will have a camera, extra battery, battery charger, iphone and charger, large moleskine notebook, a pen and a book to read.

maverick

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0