Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Attn. Knitters: Recommend Swift Colors

Our Seattle factory is ready to get to work constructing the next next batch of our Swift knitting bags.

Colors that we'll definitely be making include:
    Cocoa/Olive
    Plum/Cocoa
    Kelly/Navy
    Sage/Black (ballistic)
    Crimson/Steel (ballistic)

Any recommendations for new color combinations? Especially with Storm or Pink? Your options are:

1050d ballistic nylon - Black, Steel, Crimson, Sage

1000d Cordura - Black, Steel, Crimson, Cocoa, Navy, Kelly, Plum, Pink, Storm, Olive, Sapphire

(You can see swatches of these colors here)
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Pink/Cocoa is a hot combo right now. I don't know if that would be too many cocoa choices, though.
    Last edited by Alicia; 05-01-2008 at 01:31 PM.
    Proud owner of; Ego (first run) in Black/Steel/Deep Blue; medium organizer pouches in cayenne and crimson; small organizer pouches in olive, pink and storm blue; mini organizer pouch in sapphire; quarter packing cube; ego strips in crimson, plum, blue glitter and sapphire.

Storm and Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Our Seattle factory is ready to get to work constructing the next next batch of our Swift knitting bags.

Colors that we'll definitely be making include:
    Cocoa/Olive
    Plum/Cocoa
    Kelly/Navy
    Sage/Black (ballistic)
    Crimson/Steel (ballistic)

Any recommendations for new color combinations? Especially with Storm or Pink? Your options are:

1050d ballistic nylon - Black, Steel, Crimson, Sage

1000d Cordura - Black, Steel, Crimson, Cocoa, Navy, Kelly, Plum, Pink, Storm, Olive, Sapphire

(You can see swatches of these colors here)
    Pink and steel might might a nice combo - esp. as the inside of the bag is gray. Plum and olive might be a nice combo (is that already a combination? I can't remember). It doesn't look like there's a swatch of sage in your link but I don't think you can go wrong with black and sage. Sage and crimson might work together too but it's hard to say without seeing s swatch. Same for sage and steel.

*cocoa / storm *
    navy / storm
    plum / navy
    cocoa / black

old faves:
    navy / cocoa (my tote is this color & i love it)
    cocoa / steel
    steel / sapphire
    sapphire / olive
    crimson / navy
    steel / navy (not used before, but similar to some others)

not for me, but I think they look good:
    cocoa / cayenne
    black / cayanne
    olive / navy

since the 80's seem to be back (egad!):
    pink / navy
    pink / plum

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnopfile View Post
    *cocoa / storm *
    navy / storm
    plum / navy

not for me, but I think they look good:
    cocoa / cayenne
    black / cayanne

since the 80's seem to be back (egad!):
    pink / navy
    pink / plum
    I agree that the cocoa/storm would look good. I like the combinations with navy (including plum/navy), and think that either black or cocoa/cayenne would work.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    These are great suggestions! Keep them coming!

It'll be hard to narrow down just a couple to try in this batch.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I love my sapphire. I like bright colors- sapphire and cayenne would be colors I'd buy.

I'd like to see the sage and steel in ballistic.

Storm combination

I think the new Storm colour is incredible, but I would like to see it paired with something darker than Sapphire.

Rather, I think that Storm/Navy would look great together. I would definitely buy a Swift in that colour, and would love to see the storm colour or even the storm/ navy combo trickle down into other bags (like the new Synapse, or even the mini cafe bag).

Thanks!

I love, love, love my Utility Tote colors: plum/olive!!!!!
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

Pink/storm or Pink/cocoa would definitely make me spend some more money!

I saw a Sapphire/Black Swift listed one morning and hopped the next bus to Tom Bihn. Bought it straightaway, and it hadn't even made it out of the shop yet. The only one I've ever seen, and lots of people ask me where I got it.

Maybe you could make some more???

PLEASE make more dyneema/clear or solid dyneema mini/small/medium pouches! I like both the blue dyneema and the gray - I'm not really picky...
    Indigo Co-Pilot w' Cache, Sapphire/Olive Medium Cafe bag, Sapphire/Black and Indigo Ballistic Swifts, 50+ assorted Stuff Sacks/Pouches/Key Straps, 4 Shop Bags. 2 Absolutes, 2 Strap Wraps, a #5 Brain Cell, 3 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes , 3 Aeronaut cubes, a 3D, a Kit, a Convertible Shoulder Bag and Convertible Backpack for my Indigo/Solar Aeronaut. Last, 3 Lifefactory Bottles and my Plum Field Journal! Plus a blue (natch) FOT. All bags decked out with Tom Bihn luggage tags .

Quote Originally Posted by aiethabell View Post
    I saw a Sapphire/Black Swift listed one morning and hopped the next bus to Tom Bihn. Bought it straightaway, and it hadn't even made it out of the shop yet. The only one I've ever seen, and lots of people ask me where I got it.

Maybe you could make some more???

PLEASE make more dyneema/clear or solid dyneema mini/small/medium pouches! I like both the blue dyneema and the gray - I'm not really picky...
    Mine is black/sapphire. Isn't that one of the regular options?
    It is a lovely color combo.
    Last edited by mrae; 05-04-2008 at 03:01 AM.

Definitely cocoa/storm - I love organic combinations!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0