Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    1000d Cordura - Black, Steel, Crimson, Cocoa, Navy, Kelly, Plum, Pink, Storm, Olive, Sapphire

Ballistic:
    Sage/Steel

Cordura:
    Plum/Steel (mine is this combo and it's quite coveted!)
    Cocoa/Pink
    Cocoa/Storm
    Sapphire/Storm
    Steel/Pink
    Steel/Storm
    Plum/Black
    Plum/Olive

One more suggestion based on the small cafe bag - Kelly/Steel.

Pink/Steel, Plum/Pink, Sapphire/Pink and Plum/Storm, Black/Storm, Navy/Storm, Sapphire/Storm, Black/Storm.
    If possible, a Pink/Storm would be just the ticket to pair up with Spring/Summer yarns and wardrobes.

I was able to get one of the Black/Sapphire Swifts, Sapphire is a stricking color and paired with black is extremely gorgeous.

I also have a Plum/Steel that is equally strickingly beautiful.

I hope the finances will get better in time to get the Plum/Black, the Pink/Black and Storm/Steel.

I also think that all the color combinations above would be wonderful in the Mini Cafe Bag configuration.

Darcy sent me a pouch in Storm and one in Pink, so I am able to try the color next to the bags and pouches I already have. I am a cool color addict so all the combo I suggest have cool colors.

I do needlecraft and the variety of Swift colors is wonderful to group yarns and works by color.

Because the Swift has a secure 3 options button closure and clear inside pockets it is also a perfect purse.

A Convertible packing cube fits perfectly inside the main pocket (that's two extra water resistant pockets inside the bag) in addition to a Kit, a litter water bottle in a cloth holder, a packable windbreaker and a thin poly folder. In that configuration the first button can be used and the bag is tighly closed.

If I clip the packed windbreaker to one of the O rings, and the water bottle holder to another O ring freeing space inside the main compartment, I can fit two hardcover books and one soft cover textbook.
    In that configuration the third button can be used to secure the books in.

Sorry for being posting so long a post but I really love the Swift.

I love the swift too- but I don't know what I'd do with 3 or 4 of them. Maybe if I didn't have the lux and the imago I'd go for more. I just discovered today that the convertible pack works perfectly in the swift. I'll probably get a second one, also for knitting, after the synapse.

Meanwhile, can someone post pics of the new swifts in pink and storm? They're available to order now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    I love the swift too- but I don't know what I'd do with 3 or 4 of them. Maybe if I didn't have the lux and the imago I'd go for more. I just discovered today that the convertible pack works perfectly in the swift. I'll probably get a second one, also for knitting, after the synapse.

Meanwhile, can someone post pics of the new swifts in pink and storm? They're available to order now.
    I have 1 Lux and 2 Swifts for now.

I use the Lux to keep together patterns and supplies for needlework. It is great to have everyting in my fingertips in one place. And because the Lux is so gorgeous I can keep it in the open.

My Plum/Steel Swift goes everywhere with me, since it coordinates with my Plum/Steel Large Cafe Bag.

I also have a Sapphire/Black Swift that will be used to store papercraft until I can afford a Sapphire/Steel Large Cafe Bag.

I plan to get the Pink/Black Swift as soon as I can afford it and I hope that there will be a Mini Cafe Bag in Pink.

I love non-fiction scientific books and I am a big fan of libraries and independant bookstores sales.
    Carrying a Swift means I can borrow or buy two or three paperbacks or a couple of hardbacks, I have a convertible packing cube in the Swift main pocket to shield books or paperwork from inclement weather.

I also can refuse retailers papers or plastic bags when I do some light shopping.

I use public transportation so having water a resistant purse/bag is essential.

I have always loved purses and bags. But when I no longer wanted to buy leather, I was stuck with cheaply made but expensive to buy polyester bags or purses. Or, too casual to take anywhere but the market, canvas bags.

Then, I discovered Tom Bihn products. Buying them is always a pleasure because we know about them even before they are in production, they are beautiful, stylish. In addition of being extremely well made in the U.S by people who earn a living wage and use environementaly sound components. The products are tested in real life condition (full of stuff and outdoors)and TB listen to it's customers' suggestions.
    Also the product lines keeps growing and the price is right!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks, everyone. Here's what we're going with so far:

Cordura:
    Cocoa/Olive
    Storm/Cocoa
    Cocoa/Pink
    Olive/Plum
    Navy/Storm
    Kelly/Navy
    Sapphire/Black
    Plum/Black

Ballistic:
    Sage/Steel
    Crimson/Black
    Black/Black

Any last minute additions? These aren't the final forever color combos: this is just for the next batch.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Hi! This is my first post here! I hope it's okay to bump old topics-- some forums insist on it and some forbid it! Anyway, I wanted to ask if the Swift will be available in any color combo involving pink in the near future? I can't get another bag for a few months (the Aeronaut and the Brain Cell are next on my list), so I can wait, but I'd love to know now.

Thanks for your great work and personal connection! This forum convinced me to buy an Imago last night and now I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
    Hi! This is my first post here! I hope it's okay to bump old topics-- some forums insist on it and some forbid it!
    That's totally OK here. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
    Anyway, I wanted to ask if the Swift will be available in any color combo involving pink in the near future?
    Yes! But not until late October. Should be available for pre-order in September.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Yay! Thanks!

I want a Storm/Pink Swift! :)

To get it should I?

Record a medley of French songs.

Throw the biggest tantrum in decades (very unlikely) :)

Park an helicopter on top of TB's building and wait for an arm to hand me my dream bag the way I have seen done in Tom and Jerry's cartoons (very very unlikely) ;)

or wait for the next batch (more likely)

Swifts craving is almost as bad as chocolate cravings, I'll tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I want a Storm/Pink Swift! :)

To get it should I?

Record a medley of French songs.
    That would probably work! I think there will be an opportunity for you to get your wish in a *different* style of tote bag soon....stay tuned, backpack!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0