Smaller Ego (Ego Lite???)

Would love to see a bit smaller replica of the Ego. The ID is virtually the same size as the Ego and the Imago doesn't have the features of the Ego - dual bottle holders, zippered main compartment, etc. Any chance this could happen?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tom's working on a small messenger bag which will be similar to the Ego/Super Ego in that the access will be the same (main compartment zipper *behind* flap rather than under it), however it will have a different aesthetic and different features than the Ego.

The design still on drawing board so features are not yet certain, but it's doubtful there will be two water bottle pockets.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thumbs up Ego II...

Darcy, et. al,

I love my Super Ego, but like everyone else there are some things I would like to see in the future in such a bag. First, more pockets! Little ones, ones inside other ones, and pockets, zippered ones on the front and backside of the bag. I think it would be nearly perfect (again from my perspective) if it had a zipper pocket on the front flap. The big pocket in the backside is a great feature, but there seems to be some wasted space in the front flap. I love the water bottle carriers on the sides.

My perfect bag would be some version that is versatile enough to carry a Macbook Pro (15"), with one or two textbooks or a 35mm camera with some slight reconfiguring, and fold up or inside itself to be a little more compact when you don't need to carry a lot of gear.

I would add some more colors too! I understand the plastic components are probably both a cost and performance issue, but I'd like to see those plastic end for the carrying straps replaced with metal. No velcro! Hate that sound when someone rips open their non-Bihn bags. :-)

Keep up the great work there at Tom Bihn!

~Steve
    Last edited by ssmith3351; 04-23-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith3351 View Post
    D

No velcro! Hate that sound when someone rips open their non-Bihn bags. :-)

Keep up the great work there at Tom Bihn!

~Steve
    I give a huge second on NO VELCRO! Velcro is evil! It catches on things (like scarves and yarn) and it eventually wears out, anyway.

I would love to see a smaller sized messenger style bag for those of us who don't carry computers around!
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmith3351 View Post
    I understand the plastic components are probably both a cost and performance issue, but I'd like to see those plastic end for the carrying straps replaced with metal.
    Not so much a cost issue, just that no one makes anything else like it in plastic or metal.
    Not to get anyone's hopes up, but I have some rough samples I designed and had made in steel. They don't make ice cream or mow your lawn automatically, but they do some other amazing tricks, and if they work as planned and then eventually become real, I may win the Nobel Prize for Buckles.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0