Small-ish Horizontal Messenger Bag

I would love to see a horizontal messenger bag - something smaller than the Imago. I'm thinking along the lines of a large or medium cafe bag, but horizontal instead of vertical. I love my cafe bags (I have a small and a medium), but as I usually find is the case with vertical bags, there is a lot of wasted space if I am not carrying something tall like a book or a magazine (I don't carry a computer around with me.) If that height went sideways instead, it would give the bag lots more space at the bottom for holding things!

I did order an Imago once, but had to return it because it was just too large for me to use as a large purse/small tote on a day-to-day basis.

Any chance that something like this might be in the works?

Hi Darcy! You never answered this one - it probably got lost in the pack - so I just wanted to refresh it on your screen and hopefully get your thoughts ! Thanks!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hi Heidi Jill!

I've seen several prototypes of bags similar to what you're describing, but I can't say when such a bag will be available....
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Bummer! What do you do with the prototypes? Do you ever have a prototype sale? Hey...that would be a cool summer event to get people into the shop! I would make the trip for that!

Yes, sized like a medium cafe bag, but horizontal.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We don't ever sell prototypes: sorry! Tom usually makes them, tears them apart, reconstructs them, tears them apart again, changes something, reconstructs them....

I will promise keep you updated on any progress on a Small-ish Horizontal Messenger Bag, though. :)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0