Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

dwa

Horizontal Brain Cell

After about a month with my horizontal brain cell, a couple of things have become particularly irksome.

The mesh pouch is a great idea but its effectiveness is somewhat limited but the anchor points. On a 3S, these are spaced slightly over a CD-case width apart which means that it is fiddly for those with average and above-sized hands to extract CDs. Perhaps a full-width zipper would allow better access to this compartment?

The fit and feel of brain cells in various bags (mine's in an Empire Builder) might be improved if the handles could be hidden. The excellent concept and execution of a laptop carrier which fits inside a variety of bags is let down when handle flap about. Moreover, unaffixed handles tend to get in the way when I'm putting things into the parent bag.

Just suggestions ....

Dave.

Have you tried tucking the handles down once inside or tying a small piece of string to one handle, then wrapping the string underneath the brain cell and then attaching it to the other handle to keep them both flat?

I personally leave my horizontal Brain Cell unclipped for easy removal from the Brain Bag. I use my laptop around the house, so using the Brain Cell to haul it around it while protecting it around the house is very convenient.

dwa
    As a postscript, I just found out that the mesh pocket is fixed to the bag by press studs. The way the fabric stretched when I tried to see if this was indeed the case made me very nervous so I didn't want to rip my new bag.

Long story short -- while this nullifies my gripe regarding the difficult-to-access mesh pocket, my comment about the straps still stands.

Unless I find another "secret" button / pocket designed to keep the handles stowed.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0