Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Swift [Accessory/Tool/Needle Bag]

I keep my big ol' plastic hooks (really all my plastic hooks, which I only use when traveling) in a Medium pouch. They all fit quite well. I even put in a couple of shorter Tunisian hooks. Still need something for the long Tunisian hooks, though. I use an old pencil case for most of my hooks.

I probably have close to 100 crochet hooks. And I use them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Definitely!

Pre-order... maybe in a month or two. The move has pushed a few things back.

Yee-ha! Can't wait to see what you've come up with. With no other alternative, I designed mine out of paper and then had a friend sew them for me out of duck cloth (fairly rugged). I'm prepared to be shamed by Tom's superior design.
    Alex
    Swift in Olive/Linen, Large Cafe Bag in Olive/Cayenne, Medium Cafe Bag in Navy/Cayenne, Side Effect in Olive, Cache for iPad2 in Black, Ultrasuede Cleaning Cloth, Stuff Sacks in Iberian , Solar and Steel, and pouches, pouches, pouches...

While waiting for the needle/crochet hook/markers/accessory bag using the Kit(s) is a good alternative to store them in a stylish way.

I own Kits in different colors and they are great as Small Pouches holders and marker's cases.

Well there are endless uses for the Kit, I want to make sure new members are aware of that amazing stylish little accessory. :)

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    While waiting for the needle/crochet hook/markers/accessory bag using the Kit(s) is a good alternative to store them in a stylish way.

I own Kits in different colors and they are great as Small Pouches holders and marker's cases.

Well there are endless uses for the Kit, I want to make sure new members are aware of that amazing stylish little accessory. :)
    Thanks! I'd seen the Kit, of course, but hadn't thought of using it that way. Functional fixedness, I guess. You may have just "enabled" me, because I've admired those Kits for a while ;)

Also, I like backpack's earlier idea about an Ultrasuede flap to prevent things in the pockets from scratching one another. If this is implemented, I would get one for knitting tools and one for transporting fountain pens.

And I too would loooovve to have this available in Ultraviolet Dyneema!
    Last edited by yeti; 01-31-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Sounds of glee because it's coming soon!

Since the last time I posted to this thread, I've become a knitter as well as a crocheter: so I need a Swift needle/hook/accessory bag more than ever. My Swift runneth over with needles now as well as crochet hooks. I use straights and circulars, and I have two fixed circulars but an entire set of KnitPicks interchangeable needles as well. However, I found a wonderful fabric needle organizer for that on Etsy: it even has a zippered plastic pouch in the center for cables, and it snaps shut (not like the rolls you see so often).

However, this doesn't keep me from hoping that soon there will be a Tom Bihn case especially designed for the Swift to hold at least some of my knitting/crocheting tool collection. I can't wait!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti View Post
    Thanks! I'd seen the Kit, of course, but hadn't thought of using it that way. Functional fixedness, I guess. You may have just "enabled" me, because I've admired those Kits for a while ;)!
    Just a warning that if one of the colors that you've been admiring is Indigo, the Kit (being made of ballistic nylon), is going to be one of the products affected by the fact that this color will no longer be available. Having said that, I'll just add that even though I own a Kit in Indigo, which matches beautifully with my Indigo Synapse, I'm more likely to use one of my Kiwi Kits, simply because it's easier to find items inside with the light-colored interior (which also contrasts very nicely with Indigo). Like backpack, I do have Kits in multiple colors.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 02-15-2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Add link to Kit

What's happening with the needle case? I've tried a couple that are available and they've been a waste of money. I'm looking forward to seeing what Tom came up with.

Updates on new and upcoming designs (darcy | 22 April 2011 10:43 am)

TOM BIHN Blog - Updates on new and upcoming designs

Still can't wait for the TB needle case. Any updates Darcy?
    Alex
    Swift in Olive/Linen, Large Cafe Bag in Olive/Cayenne, Medium Cafe Bag in Navy/Cayenne, Side Effect in Olive, Cache for iPad2 in Black, Ultrasuede Cleaning Cloth, Stuff Sacks in Iberian , Solar and Steel, and pouches, pouches, pouches...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    No updates yet!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Hoping for an update on the needle case for 2012...

(thanks in advance)
    cancoi likes this.
    Alex

Ditto @alex_m! I've got to have a better way to store them!
    Imago in cocoa/cocoa/wasabi, Medium Cafe Bag in plum/wasabi, Swift in cork, steel stuff sack, steel pen/pencil pouch, plum clear organizer wallet, small cork pouch and steel/cork/wasabi Imago

ditto! I've become a knitter/cocheter recently and can't wait to order a Swift...
    ncb4 likes this.
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

I'm very interested in a needle case too. I use Addi interchangeable needles and would love a case with slots for my different size needles and a way to label them. I also have a bunch of cables that I'm going to store in one of the clear, medium sized organizer pouch.

While watching the Little Swift Azalea video, I found myself thinking about The Swift [Accessory/Tool/Needle Bag]. The perfect pair featuring Camera I-O and Tripod-Lighting Kit Quiver video got me thinking about a Field Pen Holder which could be coupled with the FJN.

By the way, my lovely Plum FJN is even cooler and user friendly than previously experienced.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0