Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Swift [Accessory/Tool/Needle Bag]

I use mostly Addi circs and straights, sizes 00–3. I bought some of these (http://www.dickblick.com/products/al...-utility-bags/) but haven't tried them out yet.

Lone "hooker" weighs in on accessory bag

I'm really excited about the new Swift accessory bag, but I don't knit. I'm one of those weird crocheters. (And I wasn't even doing that when I bought my beautiful Indigo Swift this summer. Perhaps the bag inspired me to pick up my old hooks and start squirreling away yarn again.)

Crochet hooks are generally shorter than knitting needles, and you only need one of each size, so they take up less room than pairs of knitting needles. Up until now, I've been able to store all my hooks, scissors, stitch holders, and tapestry needles in one small Clear Organizer Bag, or in the Pencil Case. That worked fine until my collection of hooks grew: both in number, and in size, especially those that are US sizes K-6.5 mm to P-11.5 mm. Now I'm finding it impossible to squeeze them all in a single bag. And I just ordered two Brittany hooks, because they were the only ones I could find in UK sizes 7 and 7.5 mm. They have beautiful turned wood handles, but this means they're going to take up even more room in my bag. So I'm looking for something larger, but not as floppy as the medium Organizer Bag.

In case there are any other crocheters out there, I'd like to ask that the design of the new accessory bag be something we could use as well. I'm excited to see what Tom comes up with.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    In case there are any other crocheters out there, I'd like to ask that the design of the new accessory bag be something we could use as well. I'm excited to see what Tom comes up with.
    Completely agree. I do both - knit and crochet, and only just recently got into crocheting again doing amigurumi. Getting a pencil pouch sounds like a perfect idea. I plan to treat myself to a plum/black Swift for my birthday next month because that particular color combination is on back order until then, so will have one included on the order.
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Darcy,

Any updates on this hugely anticipated accessory? It would be great to see something coordinated with the Swift!

Thanks,

Alex

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alex m View Post
    Any updates on this hugely anticipated accessory? It would be great to see something coordinated with the Swift!
    No updates yet, but hopefully soon. We're thinking pre-order in February.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

February in 2011? :-)

By tweaking the design a little bit, it could be made into a pen/brush case.

The FJN is a great start to carry writing instruments essentials but some of us need multiple writing/drawing tools.

Yay! I think about this often, and was wondering if it got lost in the shuffle. :)

I had forgotten about this thread but I am sure that the needle holder has a place in Tom's sketch book(s).

It would be nice if there could be a version for pens and/or brushes which would include flaps in Ultrasuede to prevent the pens and/or brushes from scratching each other.

The left side of the FJN is inspiring, a great piece of engineering for creative tools. :)
    Last edited by backpack; 01-04-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Really?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Squeeeeeeee!

Will some sort of pre-pre-order photos be available soon?

Please tell me the needle bag will be offered in Ultraviolet (even if you have to lie). :)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Please tell me the needle bag will be offered in Ultraviolet (even if you have to lie). :)
    Definitely!

Pre-order... maybe in a month or two. The move has pushed a few things back.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Good morning,
    When the ultraviolet needle holder comes out in ultraviolet I will order one, maybe two as soon as I can. They'll go perfectly with my recently ordered ultraviolet Synapse.

ncb4, I'm in the same boat, my crochet hook collection has grown to the point there is no way to keep them all together. Having only one place to go to find the right hook without having to rummage around in one bag or another would be a wonderful thing. Brittany hooks are beautiful, the take up a bit more space, but who cares, I love looking at them.

Take it easy,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

A knitting accessory case? In Ultraviolet? Y'all know what I want before I do!

Definitely!

Pre-order... maybe in a month or two. The move has pushed a few things back.
    Whoo hoo! You made my day!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0