Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: a slender Aeronaut....an Aeronette?

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I'm certain you'll see a bag similar to what's being asked for in this thread sometime soon!
    Not so soon as to be available for an October trip, I fear...

Don't get me wrong: I'd be elated to be mistaken about that :).
    Last edited by Balthazar_B; 08-28-2008 at 12:26 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar_B View Post
    Not so soon as to be available for an October trip, I fear...
    No, not that soon. Probably early next year....
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by cpau View Post
    Purple is good. I'll volunteer as overseas tester :-D
    Noted!

Purple fans....sorry, but there probably won't ever be Grape Tom Bihn bags again. We long ago ran out of the Grape 1050 denier ballistic nylon used to make bags like the Aeronaut. It used to be that you could get stock 1050 denier U.S. made ballistic nylon in a small array of colors, including Grape and Hunter. After most manufacturing moved overseas, it didn't make sense for fabric companies to stock those fabrics anymore. We now order huge custom dye lots of the 1050d U.S. ballistic nylon. For now, three colors (Black, Steel, Crimson) are the only colors we'll offer. Maybe -- maybe! -- next year you'll see a Blue.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Maybe -- maybe! -- next year you'll see a Blue.
    I see an Aeronaut in my future... but next year? Waaah. I had almost decided to get the Steel in October. This October.

Note I said almost. For a blue Aeronaut (or maybe Aeronette) I'll wait.

Any chance of matching sapphire Dyneema pouches/cubes/convertibles? I know the yellow's coming in a few things, but I've only seen/bought the sapphire Dyneema in a Pouch or a Stuff Sack.

(Yes, I have a thing for blue)
    Indigo Co-Pilot w' Cache, Sapphire/Olive Medium Cafe bag, Sapphire/Black and Indigo Ballistic Swifts, 50+ assorted Stuff Sacks/Pouches/Key Straps, 4 Shop Bags. 2 Absolutes, 2 Strap Wraps, a #5 Brain Cell, 3 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes , 3 Aeronaut cubes, a 3D, a Kit, a Convertible Shoulder Bag and Convertible Backpack for my Indigo/Solar Aeronaut. Last, 3 Lifefactory Bottles and my Plum Field Journal! Plus a blue (natch) FOT. All bags decked out with Tom Bihn luggage tags .

Quote Originally Posted by aiethabell View Post
    I see an Aeronaut in my future... but next year? Waaah. I had almost decided to get the Steel in October. This October.

Note I said almost. For a blue Aeronaut (or maybe Aeronette) I'll wait.

Any chance of matching sapphire Dyneema pouches/cubes/convertibles? I know the yellow's coming in a few things, but I've only seen/bought the sapphire Dyneema in a Pouch or a Stuff Sack.

(Yes, I have a thing for blue)

I also have a thing for blue :)

And I would also like Sapphire Dyneema Pouches and Clear Quarter Cube and Convertibles.
    I realized that my best bet for hot weather traveling clothes color is blue.
    As a stylish person I want my bags to match.

I also have a one of those yummy Swift in Sapphire/Black and my blue needlework projects are begging for matching blue accessories.
    They would also be happy with a Sapphire Kit.

If you could get Dyneema in Pink or Storm or both, it would be great!

Asking for those I feel like a little girl asking for a huge cone of raspberry and blueberry ice cream.

At least with Dyneema, I won't gain an ounce! :)
    Last edited by backpack; 08-30-2008 at 09:20 PM.
    eWalker likes this.

It used to be that you could get stock 1050 denier U.S. made ballistic nylon in a small array of colors, including Grape and Hunter. After most manufacturing moved overseas, it didn't make sense for fabric companies to stock those fabrics anymore. We now order huge custom dye lots of the 1050d U.S. ballistic nylon. For now, three colors (Black, Steel, Crimson) are the only colors we'll offer. Maybe -- maybe! -- next year you'll see a Blue.
    I'd definitely love to see a blue version of the Checkpoint Flyer. Black is too boring (looks like other bags), and red is a little too flashy for me. The grey seems a bit on the boring side as well. But a nice blue would be great!

The perfect color would of course be Hunter, but Alas! I'm just thankful that I got my Aeronaut and Smart Alec in that color while it lasted.

Maybe I spoke too soon! :) Blue is not a sure thing. It's a big, big "maybe". Probably more on the "unlikely anytime soon" side of maybe..

Thanks for the info. So sad about the grape, but steel is nice.

Super Moderator
    Darcy: I know that everyone has favorite colors, but I want to thank you / the stars / the hands of fate / the invisible hand / The Flying Spaghetti Monster for this:

"For now, three colors (Black, Steel, Crimson) are the only colors we'll offer. Maybe -- maybe! -- next year you'll see a Blue."

If I had to choose, those are the three I'd pick, so it's all roses for me.

As to everyone who wants purple: tut mir leid! :)

timothy

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    If I had to choose, those are the three I'd pick, so it's all roses for me.
    Yay! Glad to hear it. You're not alone: those are our three main colors in part because they are the most popular.

And I hope I didn't dash too many hopes with the Blue fabric update!

Is there any possibility this exciting new "Aeronette" could be available in January? It sounds just perfect for me and I have a trip in January.

No rush, of course. I'm just an excited new TB convert.

I'm new to this forum and don't own any Tom Bihn bags, yet, but it sounds like the new bag is one that'll sell very well. At least, I want one!

Maybe I spoke too soon! :) Blue is not a sure thing. It's a big, big "maybe". Probably more on the "unlikely anytime soon" side of maybe..
    I'm trying to come to terms with the red on the Checkpoint Flyer. It definitely looks great in that color, but it's much "flashier" than my normal color scheme. (I'm a blend-in-on-first-glance but stand-out-on-close-inspection sort of guy -- perfect for a Hunter Smart Alec, for example.) :-)
    Last edited by BJ Nemeth; 09-05-2008 at 12:47 PM.

Super Moderator
    "I'm trying to come to terms with the red on the Checkpoint Flyer. It definitely looks great in that color, but it's much "flashier" than my normal color scheme. (I'm a blend-in on first glance but stand out on close inspection sort of guy -- perfect for a Hunter Smart Alec, for example.) :-)"
    Same here -- I'd like one in all blackest black (outside) with a bright, stuff-constrasting inside color ;)

timothy

I love our Steel fabric. It's custom-dyed for us to be exactly the Steel we want: blue undertones rather than green or red undertones. The Black/Steel Checkpoint Flyer is quite handsome.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0