Extra Brain Bag Slash pockets?

Is there any chance that you could add a slash pocket to the outer wall of each of the main compartments on the Brain Bag? I'm thinking of a pocket that is the full depth and width of the compartment. The extra pocket could lie flat if not being used, but seems like it would help a great deal to separate thin items from the mass of stuff in the rest of the compartment. I'm specifically wanting to put a spiral-bound notebook in one and a U-lock bike lock in the other. These are both things that I need to take in and out of the pack frequently, and I don't want to fight the rest of the things in the pack to get them in and out.

P.S. I'm not yet a brain bag owner, but this is a consideration in whether or not I purchase one.

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    I like that idea too. The challenge is in the "lie flat if not being used" part, as in reality the top of the slip pocket will tend to bow out & away from whatever surface you hope that it will cling to, catching onto all the stuff you don't want to put into that pocket as you slide it past.. Adding velcro or snaps of course adds further to the expense & weight of the bag and also makes getting into & out of the pocket more difficult too.

That being said, we are hoping to get to a re-design of the Brain Bag late this year, and I will try to include at least one such pocket.

I have seen other packs use a thin elastic band across the top of the slash pocket...would that work?

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    it would work OK against the padded back where there is foam to stiffen the panel, but the other faces would simply distort when tugged by the elastic. Also there is the issure of the webbing loops to which the Annex Clips are attached: they won't funtion as well if they are on a loose piece of fabric (pocket).
    All this being said, there may be a way that we (me and you) haven't thought of yet to give you the pocket or pockets that you need.
    Maybe something that is modular that clips inside the Brain?
    We like modular :)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0