Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Joy
    I have my new SD1000 in a mini pouch. I prefer to use a skin (like the Delkin Snug-it) combined with an unpadded pouch, though. That way the camera is always protected and I'm not fussing with taking it in and out when I'm using it. Similarly, my Ipod has an iskin on it to protect it all the time, and when I am travelling it lives in a small unpadded pouch.

My 5g iPod fits in a regular mini. I can't tell you how much space the padding takes up, if any, though. But, I carry my iPod in a small so I can keep the cable and headphones with it. I can't get even my VMode Voxx headphones in the mini with the iPod. Of course, mine is thicker than yours, though. I don't have a Canon SD800 to check.
    Proud owner of; Ego (first run) in Black/Steel/Deep Blue; medium organizer pouches in cayenne and crimson; small organizer pouches in olive, pink and storm blue; mini organizer pouch in sapphire; quarter packing cube; ego strips in crimson, plum, blue glitter and sapphire.

Thanks Joy & Alicia!

Dunno if I'm too late but I just tried a 5g 30gb iPod (w/ a skin case for use in my car). With the skin case on, I can't get the iPod in a padded mini case, without the skin case, it fits pretty snug, but the zipper would scare me a little. I also have a Martin Fields screen protector on the front and back though so it's not an issue for me, but without that I'd be worried about scratching the iPod... Tried a friends SD750 and again, without a skin case it fits snug, but with a skin case doesn't fit. I'd say go with the small padded case, you can hold the iPod w/ or w/o a case and also carry the headphones. I actually have the mini, small, and medium and love em all...lol
    In regards to Waterfield bags I actually just ordered a medium iPod travel case to carry my iPod or PSP when travelling. I'm kinda like pretzel in liking some cases to have some width at the base (I actually like things kinda boxy sometimes...) I'll let you know how that is when it gets here, April 9th is when black is back in stock and mine gets shipped out...

Thanks rkub! That helps.

I just received a small padded pouch yesterday, and I'm really pleased with it. It fits my digicam (Olympus 730SW - exact dimensions are 3.7" W x 2.2" H x 0.8" D) which is roughly the same size as the 120G "classic" iPod. Like Alicia, I got the small size so I could fit the cable in with my camera, and the design of the pouch is such that there's not much room for the contents to slide around inside. It's a very good fit.
    I have a mini cork organizer pouch as well, and it might just fit a classic iPod, but probably without cable or headphones. Hope this helps!

Thanks! I'm starting to think I should get 1 mini & 2 smalls -- a mini for if we ever want to carry just the camera, no accessories; the smalls for camera + spare battery + cable, and for ipod + cable (we never use headphones, but it does go on road trips). And then maybe a medium unpadded for hauling all the phone charges & such that have to go with us on trips :) I'm sure a medium padded would come in handy for other things too. I have a feeling I'll end up tacking a lot of little bits onto my order if the Synapse becomes a reality. It's just like those impulse buys at the supermarket checkout.

Glad to hear the design of the pouch means that things don't scoot around even if there's a little extra room. I guess that's the advantage of flat pouches, rather than ones w/ thick bases as some have asked for. I like thick bases too for thick items, but it seems like then you have to get the size perfect, and there are too many gadgets out there for TB to customize like that.

The funny thing is, my husband actually is in the Seattle area right now, but he's in conference sessions all day so he can't sneak in to check out the pouches & try to spy on the Synapse prototype for me. I got my current TB bags in person by managing to spend a night in Port Angeles on a road trip, b/w Vancouver & the Hoh Rain Forest, but I guess the TB store can't always be worked into travel!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    slinstar --

When would your husband be able to come by the store? We're sometimes here earlier or later than the store hours, so maybe we can accommodate him. There's no guarantee, but it may just work out.

That said, the Synapse prototype is currently in another city: sorry!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Unfortunately the conference owns his nights as well, but thanks for being so flexible! Exciting that the Synapse prototype is traveling :)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slinstar View Post
    Exciting that the Synapse prototype is traveling :)
    It is -- it's a great bag to use. Two weekends ago I used it on a big snowshoe trip. It's so comfortable. Most comfortable backpack straps I've ever used.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0