Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Just bringing this up in the radar again. I had to commute in the rain today and my stuff got wet. We still need a good rain cover.

Bernie

Sorry to be a pest but are you sure you are closing the zippers properly?

Also there may be a puncture of some sort in your bag, too small for you to see but enough for rain to drip in.

Do a thorough check.

Super Moderator
    I have actually taken pictures, but they're not handy (and tomorrow I'm getting ready for my trip the peaceful, stable, friendly middle east, so probably won't have time to find 'em) of a partial solution I came up with, which is umbrella fabric -- literally, the cloth from a now defunct umbrella -- which turns out to drape quite nicely over the back of the brain bag, with a handy amount of cloth left to twist into little points for knotting. In a few weeks I can post the pics I made of how it looks; it would not survive a *dunking* -- the protection is very directional -- but I'd be confident about walking around in pretty heavy rain so girded.

timothy

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Sorry to be a pest but are you sure you are closing the zippers properly?

Also there may be a puncture of some sort in your bag, too small for you to see but enough for rain to drip in.

Do a thorough check.
    Yes the zippers are closed and the cover flaps in place. The problem is the number of seams in the Brain Bag. Its the same kind of problem you see is most styles of backpacks and why serious outdoor packs have rain covers.

If your standing on a train platform with no cover in site and the heavens open up, you are going to get wet. I have plenty of protection for me but the bring bags just isn't ready for that kind of dayluge.

Bernie

Not that I've had any issues with my bags... but has anyone tried a seam sealer? I may nikwax my gortex every few years but it will still leak unless I seal all the seams.

another vote for a Brain Bag rain cover

I bought a Brain Bag a few months ago and have generally been quite happy with it. Earlier this month, though, I was traveling in Italy and spent a day or so walking in the wind and rain. I ended up with a backpack full of damp cloths and gear. Particularly the stuff on the sides and bottom of the pack got wet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0