Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Stuff Sack

Excellent! Will watch out for it.

New Stuff Sack

What a surprise to get the new prototype before the announcement that it is on the way . . . Did not have an opportunity to try it yesterday (to hot here in San Francisco to even look at yarn) but will this weekend when I have meetings! That said, it looks great. One thought on the potential for yarn to get snagged on the snap would be to put the snap on the outside of the bag. Okay, I'm going to go play catch with the puppy before it gets to hot. If anyone is interested, she hasn't learned to knit yet, but you can crack up at her video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1_OR2bDlD8

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lgsplace View Post
    Okay, I'm going to go play catch with the puppy before it gets to hot. If anyone is interested, she hasn't learned to knit yet, but you can crack up at her video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1_OR2bDlD8
    Hehe!! Was she doing laps in the first part of the video?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hehe!! Was she doing laps in the first part of the video?
    In a manner of speaking . . . yes. But laps in a very small yard. Can Tom Bihn make me a bag to carry HER onto a plane????

Talking It's A Winner!!!!

I've been using the stuff sack for several days now (the one with the red fabric grommet) and it has not given me a stitch of trouble! (pun obviously intended!!!) I've had it in all kinds of different places - squished, not squished, dangling, sitting on the ground, sitting in my Lux bag - and it has performed flawlessly! I've had no trouble at all with the yarn getting hung up on the snap. Two thumbs (or four sock needles) up!!!!!
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Jill View Post
    I've been using the stuff sack for several days now (the one with the red fabric grommet) and it has not given me a stitch of trouble! (pun obviously intended!!!) I've had it in all kinds of different places - squished, not squished, dangling, sitting on the ground, sitting in my Lux bag - and it has performed flawlessly! I've had no trouble at all with the yarn getting hung up on the snap. Two thumbs (or four sock needles) up!!!!!
    That's great news!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lgsplace
    Can Tom Bihn make me a bag to carry HER onto a plane????
    Hehe...I'm picture that the bag has, instead of wheels, four openings: one at each bottom corner for her feet....
    Last edited by Darcy; 05-19-2008 at 10:18 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Wink

Hehe...I'm picture that the bag, instead of having wheels, has four openings at each corner at the bottom for her feet....
    Kind of like Fred Flinstone's car! Except that this is a doggy bag! Hee Hee Hee!!!! Having too much fun here.........................
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

When can we order the new stuff sack?

Newest Prototype

When I posted that I planned to use the new stuff sack at a meeting last week, I forgot that is the meeting when I must pay attention to details and input data on the computer. Whoops! No knitting last Saturday. However, yesterday evening, I put myself in front of an OLD movie (The Big Sleep) together with the newest prototype and my knitting. Now understand that I am working with a large skein of yarn, properly wound. But large skeins of yarn, pulled from the middle, particularly thin yarn, is wont to tangle as it comes from the ball. Which this one does periodically. Well, the newest prototype handled it all quite beautifully! It is wonderful. No tangling caused by the loop or the snap on the loop or anything. It works perfectly. I love, love, love it!!!!! Congratulate Tom for this diligent search. I give it an A+++++++++!!!!!

lgsplace that's such great news. It sounds like the new one is perfect. I'd like to preorder one if I can.

The new red fabric tab/snap works really well! I've been using it for a few days now in a variety of situations with no problems. There are 2 things you may want to consider for future incarnations, if possible and if they make sense in constructing the bag... 1) moving the tab to the vertical seam (side) in the bag instead of the horizontal seam so that the yarn flows more easily through the tab; and 2) making the tab narrower (would require a smaller snap).

Thanks for letting me test this!

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Quote Originally Posted by lgsplace View Post
    When I posted that I planned to use the new stuff sack at a meeting last week, I forgot that is the meeting when I must pay attention to details and input data on the computer. Whoops! No knitting last Saturday. However, yesterday evening, I put myself in front of an OLD movie (The Big Sleep) together with the newest prototype and my knitting. Now understand that I am working with a large skein of yarn, properly wound. But large skeins of yarn, pulled from the middle, particularly thin yarn, is wont to tangle as it comes from the ball. Which this one does periodically. Well, the newest prototype handled it all quite beautifully! It is wonderful. No tangling caused by the loop or the snap on the loop or anything. It works perfectly. I love, love, love it!!!!! Congratulate Tom for this diligent search. I give it an A+++++++++!!!!!
    The Big Sleep! I just watched that (for the tenth time) a few weeks ago: B & W rules!

Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    When can we order the new stuff sack?
    Now! ALL Yarn Stuff Sacks now have the new releasable snap grommet. :)

Now! ALL Yarn Stuff Sacks now have the new releasable snap grommet. :)
    Wonderful. Next payday I'm going to get my new stuff sack and a couple of pencil cases.

I've been too busy knitting to get back here but I just want to say I Love the stuff sack final version. And thanks for the pouch.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0