Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 67

Thread: Stuff Sack

  1. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    50
    Excellent! Will watch out for it.

  2. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12

    New Stuff Sack

    What a surprise to get the new prototype before the announcement that it is on the way . . . Did not have an opportunity to try it yesterday (to hot here in San Francisco to even look at yarn) but will this weekend when I have meetings! That said, it looks great. One thought on the potential for yarn to get snagged on the snap would be to put the snap on the outside of the bag. Okay, I'm going to go play catch with the puppy before it gets to hot. If anyone is interested, she hasn't learned to knit yet, but you can crack up at her video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1_OR2bDlD8

  3. #48
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,458
    Quote Originally Posted by lgsplace View Post
    Okay, I'm going to go play catch with the puppy before it gets to hot. If anyone is interested, she hasn't learned to knit yet, but you can crack up at her video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1_OR2bDlD8
    Hehe!! Was she doing laps in the first part of the video?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  4. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hehe!! Was she doing laps in the first part of the video?
    In a manner of speaking . . . yes. But laps in a very small yard. Can Tom Bihn make me a bag to carry HER onto a plane????

  5. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    139

    Talking It's A Winner!!!!

    I've been using the stuff sack for several days now (the one with the red fabric grommet) and it has not given me a stitch of trouble! (pun obviously intended!!!) I've had it in all kinds of different places - squished, not squished, dangling, sitting on the ground, sitting in my Lux bag - and it has performed flawlessly! I've had no trouble at all with the yarn getting hung up on the snap. Two thumbs (or four sock needles) up!!!!!
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

  6. #51
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Jill View Post
    I've been using the stuff sack for several days now (the one with the red fabric grommet) and it has not given me a stitch of trouble! (pun obviously intended!!!) I've had it in all kinds of different places - squished, not squished, dangling, sitting on the ground, sitting in my Lux bag - and it has performed flawlessly! I've had no trouble at all with the yarn getting hung up on the snap. Two thumbs (or four sock needles) up!!!!!
    That's great news!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by lgsplace
    Can Tom Bihn make me a bag to carry HER onto a plane????
    Hehe...I'm picture that the bag has, instead of wheels, four openings: one at each bottom corner for her feet....
    Last edited by Darcy; 05-19-2008 at 10:18 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  7. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    139

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

    Hehe...I'm picture that the bag, instead of having wheels, has four openings at each corner at the bottom for her feet....
    Kind of like Fred Flinstone's car! Except that this is a doggy bag! Hee Hee Hee!!!! Having too much fun here.........................
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

  8. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    260
    When can we order the new stuff sack?

  9. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12

    Newest Prototype

    When I posted that I planned to use the new stuff sack at a meeting last week, I forgot that is the meeting when I must pay attention to details and input data on the computer. Whoops! No knitting last Saturday. However, yesterday evening, I put myself in front of an OLD movie (The Big Sleep) together with the newest prototype and my knitting. Now understand that I am working with a large skein of yarn, properly wound. But large skeins of yarn, pulled from the middle, particularly thin yarn, is wont to tangle as it comes from the ball. Which this one does periodically. Well, the newest prototype handled it all quite beautifully! It is wonderful. No tangling caused by the loop or the snap on the loop or anything. It works perfectly. I love, love, love it!!!!! Congratulate Tom for this diligent search. I give it an A+++++++++!!!!!

  10. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    260
    lgsplace that's such great news. It sounds like the new one is perfect. I'd like to preorder one if I can.

  11. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    50
    The new red fabric tab/snap works really well! I've been using it for a few days now in a variety of situations with no problems. There are 2 things you may want to consider for future incarnations, if possible and if they make sense in constructing the bag... 1) moving the tab to the vertical seam (side) in the bag instead of the horizontal seam so that the yarn flows more easily through the tab; and 2) making the tab narrower (would require a smaller snap).

    Thanks for letting me test this!

  12. #57
    CEO
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by lgsplace View Post
    When I posted that I planned to use the new stuff sack at a meeting last week, I forgot that is the meeting when I must pay attention to details and input data on the computer. Whoops! No knitting last Saturday. However, yesterday evening, I put myself in front of an OLD movie (The Big Sleep) together with the newest prototype and my knitting. Now understand that I am working with a large skein of yarn, properly wound. But large skeins of yarn, pulled from the middle, particularly thin yarn, is wont to tangle as it comes from the ball. Which this one does periodically. Well, the newest prototype handled it all quite beautifully! It is wonderful. No tangling caused by the loop or the snap on the loop or anything. It works perfectly. I love, love, love it!!!!! Congratulate Tom for this diligent search. I give it an A+++++++++!!!!!
    The Big Sleep! I just watched that (for the tenth time) a few weeks ago: B & W rules!

  13. #58
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,458
    Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    When can we order the new stuff sack?
    Now! ALL Yarn Stuff Sacks now have the new releasable snap grommet. :)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  14. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Now! ALL Yarn Stuff Sacks now have the new releasable snap grommet. :)
    Wonderful. Next payday I'm going to get my new stuff sack and a couple of pencil cases.

  15. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    260
    I've been too busy knitting to get back here but I just want to say I Love the stuff sack final version. And thanks for the pouch.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0