Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: How's that diaper bag coming?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Yes. I can open it easily and I'm pretty clumsy. :D
    wrangling an early prototype of the diaper changing pad with one hand was never a problem back in the day. i'm not sure how the final design is different, but i wanted to share a picture...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Makes me want to have another baby! Just kidding! It looks very comfy and, with the square quilting, seems like it would be able to the configuration of almost any bag!

Thank you for the photo!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana8 View Post
    Makes me want to have another baby!
    i can see the headlines...

spring, 2010 - tom bihn releases ultimate diaper changing pad.
    january, 2011 - birthing centers and labor & delivery wards in hospitals jammed packed around the world.

:)

LOL - although...you could be right!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Feb 2011 - the forums are flooded with posts containing pictures of cute babies on Tom Bihn diaper pads, packing lists and tips, and new, exciting uses for Tom Bihn bags

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post
    Feb 2011 - the forums are flooded with posts containing pictures of cute babies on Tom Bihn diaper pads, packing lists and tips, and new, exciting uses for Tom Bihn bags

:-)
    I'll be sure to post a few of those later this summer. :)

curious on getting a status update. Read the posts related to the January newsletter (must sign up) and am curious if the diaper pad is replacing a "need" for a diaper bag? Which would be fine... (i think). Baby's coming in May and am trying to figure a few things out related to the best way to go forward is. BTW - Love my new Aeronaut! Wow.

Maybe you can take this diaper bag to a different level once you are done finishing the first release - make it a "keep beds dry product". Just like the name suggests, if we have a reasonably grown kid sleep on a bed without any diapers and he/she wets the bed, then the TB water proof product will keep the urine from going into the mattress.

Thus, one can not only use the product while their kids wear diapers, but also for a few years after.
    Check out my Size Fit Tool for TB's Laptop Bags (H/V Brain Cell and Cache), extensible to other bags in general

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itlnparrot View Post
    curious on getting a status update. Read the posts related to the January newsletter (must sign up) and am curious if the diaper pad is replacing a "need" for a diaper bag? Which would be fine... (i think). Baby's coming in May and am trying to figure a few things out related to the best way to go forward is. BTW - Love my new Aeronaut! Wow.
    The Diaper Changing Pad should be up for pre-order within the next four weeks - shipping soon after that. It's designed to be able to fit in most TOM BIHN bags, effectively making them diaper bags - and there's a new bag coming out soon, designed for a different purpose, that actually makes an amazing diaper bag. So you should have many options - soon! :)
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bagman View Post
    Maybe you can take this diaper bag to a different level once you are done finishing the first release - make it a "keep beds dry product". Just like the name suggests, if we have a reasonably grown kid sleep on a bed without any diapers and he/she wets the bed, then the TB water proof product will keep the urine from going into the mattress.

Thus, one can not only use the product while their kids wear diapers, but also for a few years after.
    accidents are best avoided by having your kid go potty before going to bed. this advice is not just applicable to children. :)

My nephew (5-6 years old) does not wet his bed, and thus needs to diapers or other protection... but there are one of those days... may be once in a month or two, where for no apparent reason, he ends up wetting the bed.

Then it's a pain to have the mattress washed and dried.

Guess, it's all part and parcel of having kids.
    Check out my Size Fit Tool for TB's Laptop Bags (H/V Brain Cell and Cache), extensible to other bags in general

there's a new bag coming out soon, designed for a different purpose, that actually makes an amazing diaper bag. So you should have many options - soon!
    How soon is soon? Perhaps within the next 8 months? :)

One of my kids is very reliable and the other not quite so much yet. But for both of them, waterproof mattress pads are your friend. They do have to be dried on delicate, but that's much less painful than cleaning a whole mattress.

Relatively inexpensive items and they should be easy to pick up in almost any home store.

Wow you really have to appreciate the development cycle time of a Tom Bihn bag - it takes a while but when you get it - boy is it a great bag.
    My son's now 4 years old. So we're out of the market for one. Good to see there's been progress. We actually started using my wife's medium cafe bag as a diaper bag when the little guy got older. he was potty training, and we only need a few diapers for an accident or two. He's all good now, so no need. Now I'm looking at a Western Flyer as an over night bag for him. :)
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Darcy - Will the new bag that you say makes an amazing diaper bag be out by July 2010? We are a totally Tom Bihn family and have not liked any of the bags we have tried with our daughter, who is now 2 1/2. We're expecting daughter #2 in July and we'd love to have a Tom Bihn bag this go around.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0