Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: How's that diaper bag coming?

Hope this is still in the works. I could have used a good diaper bag yesterday. tm23 listed some good comments earlier. Please make it something male friendly. It's so hard to find anything without floral prints, frilly patterns or that doesn't scream "this is my wife's!"

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    It's still in the works! We just received samples of a very important component of the diaper bag (and other bags) and they look great. Here's to hoping for November for the diaper bag.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Ego Works Very Well

I loaned out my Ego to visiting guests when their diaper bag was lost at the airport. According to our friends, they are done with so-called "diaper bags" and are now TB converts. The Ego carried all needed supplies for an 8 week old including boo koo diapers, wipes (in flat travel container-more in the car), bottles (6), binkies (2), blankets (2 light wieght), purified water (2 large bottles) and I am sure there was more. While I do not remember packing the kitchen sink it may not have caught my eye as it went it!

Anyway, they are now searching the TB site for bags that can grow with little Oscar and not look to "baby like" as Oscar and Dad frequently do father son outings!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Do you need a product tester for this diaper bag? I have a 7 month old baby girl - so I am ready to test!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    Do you need a product tester for this diaper bag? I have a 7 month old baby girl - so I am ready to test!
    Aw, congratulations on your 7 month old baby girl! I'm sure we will need testers. However, it looks like the diaper bag won't be coming out until February/March of next year.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Please count me in for another interested party to trial and provide feedback on the coming diaper bag! Excited for the prospects of Tom Bihn's brilliance attached to this otherwise boring and under served market.

Any good news to share about this bag? My wife is due with our first next July!

I'd be up for testing it, but in fairness, my little ones will be past 2.5 years old and may no longer be in diapers (one can dream, right?) at that point. However, we will still need something to haul their stuff around in.

An update to my previous post. Turns out that no-name black backpack is in the 40 L range for capacity. And the main zipper is starting to go.

"Quit overstuffing it!" "Carry less stuff!"

Yes. That would be the sane way to do it. Anyway, this is what we're cramming into its poor gills (this is for two little human beings):
    Diaper pad from a "real" diaper bag
    Beach towel (or two?)
    Sometimes a fleece blanket
    1 Eagle Creek full sized cube (clothes)
    2 Eagle Creek half cubes (one has pullups/diapers in it, the other has misc supplies + first aid)
    Maybe a standard plastic water bottle or two
    Sometimes small shoes
    Small hats
    Sunscreen (a big squeeze tube)
    A slim / big plastic box containing wipes
    Halloween saw us cram in some costumes as well

It really depends exactly what we will be lugging around in it on any given day. Things that don't quite fit will get thrown into a canvas shopping bag along with the food. Panel opening is a big plus over a backpacking pack's typical drawstring.

We're solidly into Brain Bag territory, but the Chief Household Financial Officer balked at the $100 price tag for a Gregory backpack that I found at REI (drawback: is too much of a hiking backpack), so I'm not positive on selling the $140 for a Brain Bag, even though I know it will be bulletproof. When's the last day I can order in time for Christmas? :)

Oh dear. I *really* need to know what's happening with this. Turns out my wife isn't pregnant with our first... it's our first two. Twins.

/faint

Volunteer Moderator
    Congratulations!

...and GOOD LUCK! :D

Amazing, exciting, stunning news for you!

Though you might find you'll need the diaper bag, plus something bigger like an Aeronaut!

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post
    Amazing, exciting, stunning news for you!

Though you might find you'll need the diaper bag, plus something bigger like an Aeronaut!
    You're not kidding. The sad part is, we just flew back from the holidays and were lamenting the lack of wheeled luggage from TB. I don't know how we can fly with these two, without some rolling luggage. Oi, the list of things I'm completely ignorant about feels so long now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Aw, congratulations on your 7 month old baby girl! I'm sure we will need testers. However, it looks like the diaper bag won't be coming out until February/March of next year.
    I've been waiting anxiously to see when this bag would come out during my whole pregnancy, any updates? I'm due on February 11th if you need some bag testers.

Quote Originally Posted by scottu View Post
    You're not kidding. The sad part is, we just flew back from the holidays and were lamenting the lack of wheeled luggage from TB. I don't know how we can fly with these two, without some rolling luggage. Oi, the list of things I'm completely ignorant about feels so long now.
    But the problem with wheeled luggage is how are you going to transport your two little ones? You do not want to be the little locomotive in the middle of a stroller-luggage train, especially with a double stroller which is less maneuverable and heavy (our lightweight double stroller frame still weighed in at around 20 lbs, w/o any car seats or kids). There is the option of using baby carrier slings and wheeled luggage, but you'll need to check in the car seats.

For the Tom Bihn Diaper Bag, I would suggest, if the mom has received a diaper bag as a gift, to use that for a while until you get into a good groove, supplementing it with some of the organizer pouches. I would dust off some old backpack and slip in the soon to be released Tom Bihn Changing Pad along with supplies in some organizer pouches to be Dad's trial diaper bag. After the dust settles (a few months, or more...), I think you'll have a good idea of what works for you and will be able to order the right Bihn bag for you.

Congratulations, good luck, and keep in mind that it's all temporary and it'll get easier. Get your night's sleep while you still can :)

To the Tom Bihn folks: Can you deploy the changing pad with one hand?

Yes. I can open it easily and I'm pretty clumsy. :D
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0