Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: How's that diaper bag coming?

Hi Darcy,

Any more newsy worthy news since the July post? Twins ... SOON. eek.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Twins! How soon? Keep us posted and share photos when you have them!

There's a little bit of news, but I wouldn't say it's newsworthy.... yet. :)
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-02-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    dorayme likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    There's a little bit of news, but I wouldn't say it's newsworthy.... yet. :)
    There goes Darcy, teasing us again!! ;-)
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    There goes Darcy, teasing us again!! ;-)
    I can tell you that some good friends are expecting (and soon!), so that's providing some extra (in-person) inspiration.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Today. :) used to the teasing. Went through the same in 2009 when pregnant with oldest child.

Going to work to sell my wife on synapse. Wish there was that diaper pad available ...(I can tease back)

Two girls entered our lives Monday. Baby L and Baby S. everyone is happy and healthy. If I can get to a computer (non iOS) to attach a photo I shall :)

Quote Originally Posted by itlnparrot View Post
    Two girls entered our lives Monday. Baby L and Baby S. everyone is happy and healthy. If I can get to a computer (non iOS) to attach a photo I shall :)
    !!!!!!!

Congratulations !!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by itlnparrot View Post
    congratulations!!!

life as you know it just changed, in a most wonderful way! :)

Bully!!! Well done!

Congratulations to you and the Mrs.! Hope you all settle in nicely together real soon, it is a bit chaotic at first.

In my opinion, dedicated diaper bags are overrated. You only use them for a few years, whereas if you get a nice Synapse or other TB bag, you will find you use it for years and years as your needs change.

I used my large cafe bag ( repurposed from my school bag for 6 years ) as my diaper bag for all three of my children. I think a backpack is a great way to go, it keeps your hands free and doesn't get in the way when you are stooping/bending to help little ones. I always had my babies in a sling, so the cross body cafe bag worked better with the sling plus that is the only TB bag I had at the time.

Best of luck with your sweet new girls!

Hey barefoot. Totally agree. They very much seem to be overrated and often unnecessary. However, I'm more interested in this thread and TB excellence to see where they take the concept. I imagine the ultimate in utility.... Perhaps the Pilot (co-pilots big bro) with some interesting accessories like achieved with the camera and lens case (insert outsert). Until my wife said backpack, I've been leaning Imago or ID. :)

Good advice and perspective on the backpack.
    Cheers

I gave my daughter an Imago as a diaper bag. The horizontal orientation works well, you can stash a full-sized bottle in the bottom, the two interior pouches are perfect for diaper wipes, hand sanitizer, A and D ointment, etc. on the one side and smartphone and wallet on the other.

Still would love to see what a dedicated Tom Bihn diaper bag would be like, though.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Darcy- if there ever will be a Tom Bihn diaper bag, will it still be called the 'Parental Unit'? I really like that name.

Thanks for reigniting the thread, photomatt. I've recently become one of the forum members who has a diaper bag deadline: april!
    My wife is happy to let me do the bag research... She would like a shoulder bag, not backpack. She loves her small café bag I got her to replace her purse, so maybe I'll get her the large. Or maybe imago, as suggested above... Or maybe he parental unit!
    For now, I'm ordering some cubes and another clear organiser and snake charmer, which can all be used in whichever bag we end up with.
    Packing cubes can later be used for my/wife's/baby's clothes when packing for
    Darcy and backpack like this.

Quote Originally Posted by photomatt View Post
    Darcy- if there ever will be a Tom Bihn diaper bag, will it still be called the 'Parental Unit'? I really like that name.
    Definitely!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0