Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: How's that diaper bag coming?

On 03-04-2011 at 11:52 AM
    Darcy said

"Tom continues to fine-tune the design of the diaper bag, thanks in part to the feedback of friends and family who have been testing the prototypes for us. We like to try to keep you guys updated on the progress of new designs, but understand it's frustrating for some. I think one member suggested spoiler tags for updates/expected availability on new designs -- maybe we can add that in the next upgrade of the forum software."

There are prototypes being tested, Tom Bihn Inc doesn't release information on their products until they are available for pre-order.

As a customer, I fully support this strategy, especially after reading the "Imitation is the highest form of flattery" blog post.

http://www.tombihn.com/blog/node/1590

There are million of diaper bags designs on the market, which has given Tom Bihn, the designer a really big design challenge and Tom Bihn Inc the company another challenge, how and where do the Diaper Bag fit in the production lineup?

There are only so many days of production in a year.
    Tom Bihn Inc has to produce bags that are on pre-order, bags which are known popular bags that sell out fast, new designs which are popular the minute they come out because they fill a specific niche (Breve), new color of existing items which are in great demand (Iberian and Ultraviolet items).

Those best selling items make money right away which is needed for all of Tom Bihn Inc operating expenses and the enormous endeavor that an industrial move entails.

Add an injury to the designer and another delay for an highly anticipated product is unavoidable.

I completely understand how frustrating it is to wait for such an anticipated and unique product whose target market, do not wait to be born and grow.

However, I would not blame Tom Bihn Inc if there were no new updates until pre-order time.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thank you Darcy. This was a great update... appreciate the thoughtfulness!

Best in pulling it all together.

Eric

Over the weekend my wife found out she's pregnant. Needless to say, I'm freaking pumped. So I could not think of better timing on this news.

I really really really really hope this bag ships by Christmas, because I shudder to think of the other diaper bag options out there.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by photomatt View Post
    Over the weekend my wife found out she's pregnant. Needless to say, I'm freaking pumped. So I could not think of better timing on this news.

I really really really really hope this bag ships by Christmas, because I shudder to think of the other diaper bag options out there.
    hi photomatt!

congratulations on your soon to arrive bundle of joy!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itlnparrot View Post
    Thank you Darcy. This was a great update... appreciate the thoughtfulness!
    You're welcome! When there's more news, we'll post another update.

And photomatt: congratulations!!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks so much Maverick and Darcy. Life as I know it is about to change forever...and I can't wait to be a Dad :)

Make sure the diaper bag has a spot for a big aspirin bottle.

As a future father, I too am anticipating the arrival of a Tom Bihn-inspired diaper bag... oh, and my son as well! But I also thought about some of the other bags I've seen while browsing the various baby-themed stores. I currently own a Super Ego that carries my MBP 15" for work, but I thought that it could be a great diaper bag with few, if any, modifications. Pockets for bottles? Got two already. Place for a changing pad? The back sleeve pocket works to keep it isolated. Main compartment is cavernous for a week's worth of diapers, one-sies, blankets, toys, etc, and wipes, lotions, cremes can fit in the front pocket easily. The only thing I can think of to add would be straps to hang the bag on the stroller. For the main compartment, maybe a special washable "liner" that can be anchored with the Annex clips. What do you all think?

Just giving this thread a friendly bump. As much as I love using my PCSBs for quick-trip diaper bags, I'd love to see what Tom comes up with for a for-realz diaper bag. :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    As much as I love using my PCSBs for quick-trip diaper bags, I'd love to see what Tom comes up with for a for-realz diaper bag. :-)
    Oo I hadn't thought about using the PCSB as a diaper bag! Have you consider a Co-Pilot for the same purpose? Just curious!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Oo I hadn't thought about using the PCSB as a diaper bag! Have you consider a Co-Pilot for the same purpose? Just curious!
    Well, now I feel like a dolt. I ordered a Co-Pilot for a daily carry bag and returned it because it didn't suit me. I never thought to evaluate it for diaper duty.

The PCSB excels as a diaper bag. Today I crammed:

- 2 bottles
    - 2 small containers of premeasured formula
    - 2 pacifiers
    - 2 burp cloths
    - 4 disposable diapers
    - packet of wipes
    - 2 onesies
    - wet bag
    - disposable changing pad

into one PCSB and lugged it off to lunch. If you are only packing for a single infant, you can get a whole day's worth of stuff in there. I took pictures of the stuffed PCSB and will post them later. We clip the PCSBs to the strollers with long key straps, too, and they carry parent stuff as well as items for the kids.

I can't wait until the next Dyneema color is released. I think I need a PCSB in every color of the rainbow. I have Iberian and Ultraviolet and a Steel one will be on my next order. I also need to test out the Packing Cube Backpacks for baby business. :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Wow Janine, I bow to your great diaper bag-packing savvy! OK a little disclaimer; I don't have a little one. But if I did, I would surely follow your packing list as a guideline.

I can't wait until the next Dyneema color is released. I think I need a PCSB in every color of the rainbow. I have Iberian and Ultraviolet and a Steel one will be on my next order. I also need to test out the Packing Cube Backpacks for baby business. :-)
    Oh, another PCSB fan! I have you beat, though. I actually managed to snag one in their yellow Solar back when the PCSB was a little wider and shorter. They tweaked the dimensions on it just a bit but I have to admit the newer version is SOOOOOO much better (the dimensions are spot-on), but I'm still happy that I have one they don't make anymore. For what it's worth, the Solar PCSB is my standard "baseball bag" since it's one of my favorite team's colors (yellow; my team is the Oakland Athletics, which uses green and gold/yellow).

Dontcha just LOVE the PCSB?
    Janine likes this.
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Oh, I didn't know that the PCSB used to have different dimensions. I agree that the current dimensions are just about perfect. :-)

What's the current opinion about using a WF as a diaper bag? Is anyone doing this, and if so, how's it working out?

Oh, I didn't know that the PCSB used to have different dimensions. I agree that the current dimensions are just about perfect. :-)
    Being an owner of both the old and current dimensions, I completely agree with you; the revised size is perfect! The original dimensions are longer by only about an inch or so, but it makes the bag seem more like a shoe bag. When my old Solar bag isn't filled to the brim, it slouches in the middle and it looks like a banana on a sling. The current size just sits much better and looks better, too. That said, since I haven't seen the newer dimensions in Solar yet, I'm clinging to my old one to take to my Oakland A's baseball games (to match the team colors)!

What's the current opinion about using a WF as a diaper bag? Is anyone doing this, and if so, how's it working out?
    Holy canolies, the WF would be HUMONGOUS for that! I would probably recommend a Synapse or even a Packing Cube Backpack before I'd recommend a WF. Well, unless you're Octomom and you need to carry 8 sets of stuff in one bag!

Actually, I'd love to see a PCSB the size of the PCBP (I mean, identical as PCBP but have D-rings to snap a simple strap on). That would allow you to hang it off your pram handlebar and get to stuff in it easily. You could wear it cross-body like a messenger bag and still be able to get into the bag. Don't get me wrong; I love my PCBPs for being able to go hands-free altogether, and I rarely ever pack anything directly into the main compartment on my TS or WF without it first getting packed into a PCBP... but I often wish they had a duffle-style version of the same thing. Something like that might be perfect for a bigger diaper bag for you.
    Janine likes this.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0