Plans for a Left-Shoulder Buzz?

I remember that the previous (slightly smaller) version of the Buzz was at one time offered in a reverse option for carrying it on your left shoulder. Are there any plans for offering something like that for the revised Buzz?

I really like single-strap slingbags for small loads, but definitely prefer them on my left shoulder. I am right-handed, and always end up putting the bag on my right when I "arrive" at a destination -- be it home, car, or work. With the bag on my left shoulder, it's an easy one step maneuver, lifting the strap over my head with my right hand as I step into the car, for example. With the strap on my right shoulder, it's a much more awkward maneuver for me.

I plan to use the Buzz with a 13" MacBook, so finding one of the older, discontinued bags wouldn't work for me.

Of course, I am probably in the minority, which would explain why the reverse-Buzz option was dropped from the product. But if there are any left-shoulder plans, I'd be willing to wait. (I'll be buying an Aeronaut and a Brain Bag soon to tide me over ...)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    BJ Nemeth --

We don't plan on making a left-shoulder Buzz. Tom explains why in this post hidden in the New product summary thread.

Tom does, however, plan to design a new, smaller Buzz similar in size to the previous version of the Buzz. It will probably fit the 13" MacBook.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks!

I love being able to hear the *actual* reason from the craftsman himself, and not just random made-up marketing speak -- one of the many great things about your company!

His explanation makes perfect sense (especially about inventory problems and confusing the customers -- more choices aren't always better), and I think I'll quickly adapt to the right-shoulder Buzz.

Thanks as always, Darcy! :-)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0