Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    I swear, I need to move to Seattle and go to work at Tom Bihn. Collecting bags is becoming a hobby for a lot of us.
    Hehe! Working here does make it a lot easier to collect each and every bag - or multiples of them. I think I have four Utility Totes.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

The yellow tote looks great. I'm glad these yellow dyneema products will be available soon.

When is the market tote going to be available? I'm guessing soon...
    Is it going to be available in the two colors Darcy mentioned last week (steel or solar)?
    ha! you just read my signature.

Very soon...here's one of the first pictures:

And yes, two colors - Solar/White and Steel/White.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    It's so odd - I can't seem to get a definitive feel for the size of the bag - in the factory picture with Lisa, it looks pretty big (and I don't like that), but in this picture with the groceries, it doesn't seem too much so.

Is that a package of Toblerones stick out in the back there?

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    It's so odd - I can't seem to get a definitive feel for the size of the bag - in the factory picture with Lisa, it looks pretty big (and I don't like that), but in this picture with the groceries, it doesn't seem too much so.

Is that a package of Toblerones stick out in the back there?
    Tom said that the model in the preview picture of the utility tote was a little girl, so it
    looks big on her.

It seems to be as big as the Lux or the Swift, so a good size but not humongous

Yup, Toblerone, so easy to recognize and so hard to resist :)
    Last edited by backpack; 11-15-2008 at 10:03 PM.

It looks like it may be close to the lux in size. That would be a good size for an all purpose bag. I think the blog says preorders are next week. I've been waiting so I can place an order and only pay for shipping once.

yeah!

Finally! These will be great to carry inside the Utility tote for shopping.

Quick review

Got back from a trip yesterday and the Market Bag was there waiting - it's in steel and white - a classy color combination. My wife immediate grabbed it and has not let go. She took it to go food shopping to get some groceries we needed as we had been gone for several days. She loves it!! It is amazingly study and spacious for a bag which looks so small. The inside pockets are really a nice touch. My wife did comment that it would be nice if there were a snap or strap-thing so you could fold/roll the bag up and carry it in a pocket or purse/other bag. That would let you keep the bag with you as a spare.

Any way this is just a couple of days use and we will use it bunches more (at least she will - I am not sure I will ever get hold of it again!>)

rabergnc - You received your Shop Bag/Market Bag/Pike Place Bag (we haven't finalized the name yet) before I could post all of the details!! :)

Here's an important one: your Market Tote will fold into one of its interior pockets, making it a nice, neat little bundle that can be placed inside of a larger bag. Also - one can use their Market Tote inside out when they need more space. The long pockets (for wine, beer, Martinellis, water bottles, etc.) will be on the outside.

Everyone else should be receiving their sample bags this week...

What great ideas!! Sorry I posted prematurely. Anyway - this bag is terriffic!

Don't worry about it, and keep posting your first thoughts/impressions!

We took video of the bag at the local farmer's market this weekend. As soon as we learn Final Cut Express we'll post it. :)

In that vein - took the bag to the grocery store - put the lettuce in one pocket, carrots and cucumbers in the other pocket, and canned goods in the center. It's a good sack for small shopping trips as well as a great carry-all for your groceries.

OMG! It has pockets??? I really want one now.
    Proud owner of; Ego (first run) in Black/Steel/Deep Blue; medium organizer pouches in cayenne and crimson; small organizer pouches in olive, pink and storm blue; mini organizer pouch in sapphire; quarter packing cube; ego strips in crimson, plum, blue glitter and sapphire.

How long after the trial run before we can preorder? I wanted it before I found out about the pockets. And it folding into itself makes it perfect. Lots of possibilities for travel given that.

Do you have dimensions for it?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0