ID/Transit Pass Wallet and Yoga Bag

Now living a new urban life, I find myself in need of some different luggage-type items.

The first is an ID and transit pass holder. I commute to work by train, which I board through a turnstile using a plastic pass that I hold up to a reader. Then when I get to work, I enter the building using a different card that's held up to a reader. I'd love a slim holder for these items that either has a clear window on one side (for the building access card, which also functions as a picture ID) and a pocket on the other for the transit pass. Ideally, it would have a grommet that I could use to clip onto the key lanyard in my ID bag (or whatever Tom Binh product I decide to drop money on next :). Maybe the Jimi could serve this purpose -- does anyone use it for such a function?

The second is a gym/yoga bag. I use the gym three days a week at work and go to a yoga class the other two. I'm in the market for a good gym bag that will accomodate my water bottle, iPod, sneakers, clothes, and toiletries, and, ideally, have some kind of strap mechanism for my yoga mat. At the moment, it looks like Timbuk2's Maria Fitness Bag is the winner, but if Tom's got something in the works, I'll certainly wait to check it out. Saka makes a bag that stores the rolled-up mat vertically, which is pretty ideal for a subway-dweller such as myself (http://www.sakayoga.com/pinda.html). I hesitate, though, because it doesn't appear to have much other storage. I'd love to see what Tom could do in this arena.
    Last edited by leuvenator; 09-27-2007 at 08:09 AM. Reason: I found the yoga bag I was thinking of!

Volunteer Moderator
    ID/transit pass: Jimi would work, also I have been using the Mini Clear Organizer Pouches for my transit pass.

Yeah, those new Timbuk2 gym bags look nice.

Doug Dyment (onebag.com) recommends these.

Volunteer Moderator

Try Clear Pouches (and Lanyards) with ID/transit passes

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    ID/transit pass: Jimi would work, also I have been using the Mini Clear Organizer Pouches for my transit pass.

Yeah, those new Timbuk2 gym bags look nice.
    I agree with Just that the clear organizer pouches would work well for ID/transit passes, especially if you use them in combination with the lanyards they are testing out. See my post in the thread asking What do you clip on your D rings?. To read more about the lanyards, read on from Tom's post querying test results in the New Customer Pictures Section of Site thread.

You can also read the discussion in the New: Clear and Padded Organizer Pouches + Passport Pouch + Convertible Packing Cube thread. There was also some discussion about the Passport Pouches and whether there should be a clear option, but I think the clear organizer pouches would work better for you.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0