Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Smile Is there a life out of US ?

I've just read a huge part of the forum, and it is very interesting ! So you american people can be different from your president ? So you american people can be different from the ones you show to to us (old) europeans in your movies and websites ? You can be different from the one's you send in Iraq's jails ? That's what I call good news !

But... the most amazing thing is to think that almost everyone in this country (AKA "melting pot" isn't it ?) can't get a 15 words message (including the words "president", "vote" and "idiot" !...) since it is written in a foreign language !
    I guess it's no use trying to find new secret codes when it's meant to avoid the US to understand... :( Would be so funny if the rest was not so sad...

Don't make mistakes, one of my dreams is to meet you in america, but I'm not rich enough to afford the trip at the moment but... anyway, would I be welcome as a french ?

Concerning my own president, he's not an idiot, just (!) a burglar... and I voted for him, because the other candidate was a fascist !

I feel terribly sorry for my bad english, but at least, I can read your threads !
    French Fries
    0 0

>would I be welcome as a french ?

But of course!

I mean, look at this way, would you want all French people judged on the basis of the experience of American tourists and the stereotypical French waiter?

Me, I love France. I love French movies. I love French everything. I love, most specifically, Jacques Dutronc, the coolest man ever in the known universe (who most Americans, except Johnny Depp have never heard of)

If you were to visit here, and came to any big city, in certain ways you would be treated so well, BECAUSE you are French. Because your people and leaders stood up to a certain president who shall go nameless.

But I have to ask you a favor.

Apparently, there is a race to catch Osama, and the French forces came really close to catching him recently, just missed him by minutes.

The Bushies are planning to catch him sooner than expected, in order to stop Bush's falling poll numbers.

Could you prevail upon your government really pull out all stops, and get him first? It would really make the world a safer place.

Thanks so much, we are counting on you to help restore a small measure of sanity to our country.....and we help you out the next time you need us.

Merci!

Nano
    0 0

Dear Nano,

Well, I feel better ! My message has been read 64 times, and at last I have an answer. I almost believed I would not be welcome in the US... Thank you !

I haven't heard or read anything about the french forces about to catch OBL recently (maybe you have a link to give me ?) but it sure would be a great thing that he would be arrested, and a much greater thing if it was by those who stood up against the war in Irak. If I had some religion, I sure would pray for that !

About french people visiting the US : do you mean they are welcome in big cities "only", or "especially" in big cities ? Is the country much different ?

I am happy you love France, and Jacques Dutronc too. As a matter of fact, my mother told me that one of my first sentences when I was a child (a long time ago...) was "I love Jacques Dutronc and the Beatles" !!!

Maybe you don't know this site : http://www.jacquesdutronc.net ? Just ask if you need some help to translate, It would be a pleasure for me.

There are a lot more cool singers in France I'm sure you would like, too. I hope you know Françoise Hardy ? She is Jacques Dutronc's wife : that's a proof, isn't it ?

Merci aussi !
    French Fries
    0 0