Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,300   Posts: 197,928   Members: 7,251   Active Members: 183
Welcome to our newest member, Bikes&bags.

The Little Briefcase that Can Fit Almost Anywhere: early Daylight Briefcase review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luvdabags
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2013

maverick, why did you choose the S19 FS for the DLBP rather than the S25? Thinking of getting one myself, and wondered about which size to choose. as i have an S25, the larger one was my first thought, but since i'd like to use it for both packs, i don't want it to be to tight in the DLBP.

Comment

• maverick
      Volunteer *********
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by luvdabags View Post
      maverick, why did you choose the S19 FS for the DLBP rather than the S25? Thinking of getting one myself, and wondered about which size to choose. as i have an S25, the larger one was my first thought, but since i'd like to use it for both packs, i don't want it to be to tight in the DLBP.
      Hi luvdabags!

The Synapse 25 Freudian Slip's dimensions are 18" x 13" x 1", and the Daylight Backpack's dimensions are 17.3" x 11.8" x 5.1" - I know that folks have mentioned that the Synapse 25 Freudian Slip fits in the Daylight Backpack. However, it seems like it would be a tight fit.

The Synapse 19 Freudian Slip's dimensions are 15" x 11" x 1".
      -m

Comment

• Pokilani
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by maverick View Post
        Excellent point! :)

Although, my son, who used to love taking pictures with holding Tom Bihn bags and wanted to be in Tom Bihn videos, now refuses to carry anything Tom Bihn. He isn't even a teenager yet, and already he's rebelling...oh where did I go wrong???

I think it's a phase. The seed of appreciation for Tom Bihn bags that we have sown will eventually bear fruit is what I keep telling myself...
        Darn! I was looking forward to his modeling of the new bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• maverick
          Volunteer *********
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
          Darn! I was looking forward to his modeling of the new bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Oh it isn't that he cannot be persuaded - Legos and Pokeman cards will likely be involved...we'll see what we can do...
          -m

Comment

• timothy
            Forum Member
            • May 2008

The Synapse 25 Freudian Slip's dimensions are 18" x 13" x 1", and the Daylight Backpack's dimensions are 17.3" x 11.8" x 5.1" - I know that folks have mentioned that the Synapse 25 Freudian Slip fits in the Daylight Backpack. However, it seems like it would be a tight fit.

The Synapse 19 Freudian Slip's dimensions are 15" x 11" x 1".
            Anyone with a photo of how tight the fit is? (With Synapse 25 Freudian Slip in the Daylight backpack, that is) I *thought* I saw a photo (from moriond?), but now can't find it ...

Comment

• Mausermama
              TB Ravelry *********
              • Jun 2012

Would you please shoot a photo of the setup once you get it? I'm currently waiting on my new-to-me Daylight Backpack. I also have a Synapse 19, but not a 25. I was thinking I would need to purchase one of each, and was planning to start with the 25 to give the Daylight more structure. It would be absolutely fabulous if the 19 size would work well for it!

Comment

• Mausermama
                TB Ravelry *********
                • Jun 2012

Excellent point! :)

Although, my son, who used to love taking pictures with holding Tom Bihn bags and wanted to be in Tom Bihn videos, now refuses to carry anything Tom Bihn. He isn't even a teenager yet, and already he's rebelling...oh where did I go wrong???

I think it's a phase. The seed of appreciation for Tom Bihn bags that we have sown will eventually bear fruit is what I keep telling myself...
                Maverick, his Tom Bihn love must have migrated to my 17 year old son, who now refuses to carry anything BUT Tom Bihn! He came to me yesterday with his Christmas wish list. He said, "Mom, I didn't write anything down. Anything from Tom Bihn would be awesome. Oh, and I'd like a wool coat from L.L. Bean." Yep, he's a chip off the old "mom" block!

Comment

• Orangeboys
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2014

Actually, I don't have anything in Coyote or Grey yet. I do have a French Blue Daylight Backpack, which is what I carry most everyday. And it's such a lovely color, which only makes me want to get the Daylight Briefcase in French Blue...

I also don't have anything in Burnt Orange or Black Dyneema...
                  French Blue and Burnt Orange are gorgeous together!

Comment

• maverick
                    Volunteer *********
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Orangeboys View Post
                    French Blue and Burnt Orange are gorgeous together!
                    Thanks Orangeboys! You're not helping!
                    -m

Comment

• maverick
                      Volunteer *********
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mausermama View Post
                      Maverick, his Tom Bihn love must have migrated to my 17 year old son, who now refuses to carry anything BUT Tom Bihn! He came to me yesterday with his Christmas wish list. He said, "Mom, I didn't write anything down. Anything from Tom Bihn would be awesome. Oh, and I'd like a wool coat from L.L. Bean." Yep, he's a chip off the old "mom" block!
                      Awwww! That's awesome! :)
                      -m

Comment

• maverick
                        Volunteer *********
                        • Mar 2004

I know the Daylight Briefcase just came out, and I am eager to get my hands on it!

I went to dinner this evening, and I brought along my iPad mini because we needed to review some things, along with my wallet, iPhone, earphones, lip balm, and keys inside the Small Cafe Bag - which holds all of these things perfectly.

But I was just thinking that it would be very cool to have a smaller Daylight Briefcase - sized for an iPad/iPad Air, as well as one sized for the iPad mini. Part of the appeal of the Daylight Briefcase for me is that it can be carried by its grab handles, without a shoulder strap (I'd probably tuck the folded shoulder strap inside the zippered pocket where you might carry your jacket, just in case). The smaller Daylight Briefcases would hold roughly what a Small or Medium Cafe Bag might hold - and they would lend themselves to being carried by the grab handles more than a Cafe Bag does.

What do you think?

Thanks!
                        -m

Comment

• timothy
                          Forum Member
                          • May 2008

But I was just thinking that it would be very cool to have a smaller Daylight Briefcase - sized for an iPad/iPad Air, as well as one sized for the iPad mini. Part of the appeal of the Daylight Briefcase for me is that it can be carried by its grab handles, without a shoulder strap (I'd probably tuck the folded shoulder strap inside the zippered pocket where you might carry your jacket, just in case). The smaller Daylight Briefcases would hold roughly what a Small or Medium Cafe Bag might hold - and they would lend themselves to being carried by the grab handles more than a Cafe Bag does.
                          That sounds like the Daylight Clutch :)

My take (thanks to Darcy, got the Daylight briefcase yesterday afternoon): It's nice and small already, for my purposes -- great size for those things you mention (wallet, tablet, phone, earphones ...) though I also generally like to carry a fleece or windbreaker and something to write with / on, which is why for me smaller would probably be too small.. Everyone has their preferences, but mine probably don't go much smaller than the DLBC (with a computer) or the Co-Pilot (with a 7" tablet -- or without, too). I was comparing it side-by-side with a Co-Pilot; they're actually much closer in overall dimensions than I had pictured, though my MacBook Air 13" definitely won't fit in a Co-Pilot, but will in the DLBC. However, sadly, my favorite sleeve for it is just a tad too big to fit in without coaxing. I've got another sleeve that will work instead.
                          Last edited by timothy; 11-14-2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• meekasmom
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2014

Exactly so. The horizontal lends itself to seeing in and organizing also. a 13" MBP in cache fits in just fine with room to spare. it's a good light use piece. I still think the pilot is better for travel in and around but for quick trips, this is a good little item.

Comment

• bb93fo57
                              Forum Member
                              • Mar 2014

For the sake of size comparison, here are a couple of shots of the DLBC with the PCSB (also in Black Dyneema).

Inside the DLBC are two small stuff sacks and two t-shirts to help it stand up for the sake of the photo, while the PCSB is holding an iPad mini in Lifeproof case, travel tray, and Q-kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DLBC vs PCSB 01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	293692

Click image for larger version

Name:	DLBC vs PCSB 02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	293693

Comment

• maverick