Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

question about the drawstring closure of the new citizen canine

How does the drawstring closure work exactly? This picture http://www.tombihn.com/mm5/graphics/..._2_620x413.jpg
    is confusing me a little. Does the top close like a stuff sack? Or does the drawstring just "pinch" the top of the bag together but it doesn't shut completely?

Thanks!

Hmmm not sure if I get your qustion right. There is that clouser material that sits a bitt lower than the top of the bag. This material will be sinched together via the string. This leaves in fact someting like a small tray at the top. I can imagine (but have bot tested it) that you could lay someting there for short "hands free" moments.

To me thos closure is something I would not want to use say twenty times a day. I rather use it top open with keystraps for securety. I would close it either in crowded aerias or when I "through" this in a larger back for travel.

Oh and as far as mine goes: to me it is close.

question about the drawstring closure of the new citizen canine-image-jpg

Hope this helps?

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Oh, that's very helpful thanks. In the photo I linked, I couldn't tell how deep it was and if I was looking at the top closure of the bag, or the bottom.

I would probably carry it open most of the time as well, but if I wanted to I could close it all the way like a stuff sack, which is great.

For referance that is a mini stabilo not a full sized. Come to think of it an other object might have been better.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Someone mentioned earlier that the CC might make a good chalk bag for rock climbers. This closure looks very similar in that regard, where the drawstring kind of clinches the top closed, if that makes any sense. CC v2 looks quite a bit bigger than a climbing chalk bag though!