Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Largest Synapse 25 stuff sack that fits in the side pockets?

I am trying to fit quite a number of medications for my son in one of the side pockets (including inhalers for asthma) so I'm looking for the largest stuff sack that fits in the side pocket.

Thanks!

HYPEractiv the largest Travel Stuff Sack would be size 2. I took some pictures, so that you can see, if it would work for you. If stuffed fairly full it is a bit of a tide fit and takes away from the bottlepocket. I had a 27 oz Water bottle in that pocket with room to spare though:

Name:  IMG_0357.JPG
Views: 315
Size:  663.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0356.JPG
Views: 299
Size:  495.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0362.JPG
Views: 325
Size:  611.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0364.JPG
Views: 312
Size:  318.4 KB

I put random stuff in the TSS so that it is full. I have seen people put an inhaler in the Q-Kit (that Aubergine thingy). In mine there are dice. If you want to know, why my dice are in a Q-Kit: I was not able to find such small dice as Janine has found them till now ;-)

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Ilkyway... you are making me salivate for the S25 with the size 2 stuff sack...

Great pictures and explanations!

You're awesome! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    HYPEractiv the largest Travel Stuff Sack would be size 2. I took some pictures, so that you can see, if it would work for you. If stuffed fairly full it is a bit of a tide fit and takes away from the bottlepocket. I had a 27 oz Water bottle in that pocket with room to spare though:

Name:  IMG_0357.JPG
Views: 315
Size:  663.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0356.JPG
Views: 299
Size:  495.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0362.JPG
Views: 325
Size:  611.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0364.JPG
Views: 312
Size:  318.4 KB

I put random stuff in the TSS so that it is full. I have seen people put an inhaler in the Q-Kit (that Aubergine thingy). In mine there are dice. If you want to know, why my dice are in a Q-Kit: I was not able to find such small dice as Janine has found them till now ;-)

Ilkyway

A Medium size Yarn Stuff Sack also fits in the side pockets of an S25. I like the Medium Yarn Stuff Sack because it has clips (inside and outside) that I can put directly onto the O-Rings or via a key strap. You can also use the interior clip to attach small things as well (flashlight, etc).

However, @badger had a good hack for getting Travel Stuff Sacks to clip onto the O-Rings:

Make your Stuff Sack into an Organizer Pouch

@badger - you should put this in the "Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses" thread!

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    S25/SA/Pilot/Cadet/TS/WF/A45 (Black/Iberian), Zephyr/BB/Co-Pilot/DLBC (Black/Black/Steel), DLBP (French Blue), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Brain Cells, FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black)