I have 18 months left before I finish uni, and I desperately need a new bag. I'm leaning towards the Synapse 25, but I'm not sure if it'll fit all my stuff. I'm having difficulty gauging size just looking at pictures.
Most days I carry:
- a largish laptop (Lenovo E440) + a brick of a charger
- a notebook
- a student diary
- pencil case
- lunch (usually a large insulated container from klean kanteen, a few cylindrical snack tubes, occasionally an insulated bottle - all awkward shapes)
- water bottle (I have a 40oz klean kanteen that I'd like to use, but it falls out of my current bag)
- knitting project + paraphernalia (scissors, stitch markers, etc. usually kept in another pencil case)
- usual handbag junk (glasses, phone, wallet, ipod, keys, tissues, makeup bag, medication)
- depending on the day I may also have a textbook and a 7" tablet (nexus 7)
My current bag is 30L, but it's not amazingly designed. I think the smaller bag could work nicely if it was well organised. I definitely want a cache for my laptop, a key strap, a couple of knitting tool pouches and a yarn sack. Is there anything else that could help me keep everything organised? Will all my stuff even fit? And is it worth getting a cache for my tablet even if I don't bring it every day? Shipping to Australia is expensive, so I want to make sure I get things right for my order.