Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Synapse 25 and Packing Cubes

I'm really considering the purchase of the Synapse 25. I saw on it's page that they recommend a Tri-Star Medium Packing Cube for carrying an extra set of clothes for a carry on. They do say that this is for the elastic pocket on the inside, but I'm not too concerned with a packing cube fitting in there.

Does anyone have any experience with Packing Cubes and the Synapse 25? Is a bigger packing cube going to work?

I have both a medium Tristar packing cube and a Western Flyer packing cube backpack and they both fit in the Synapse 25. You have to scrunch the PCBP a little. But it works. I used both in my Synapse 25 for two weeks and it was my only bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    I have both a medium Tristar packing cube and a Western Flyer packing cube backpack and they both fit in the Synapse 25. You have to scrunch the PCBP a little. But it works. I used both in my Synapse 25 for two weeks and it was my only bag.
    I was planning on using the western flyer packing cube backpack inside of the Synapse 25 as a daypack when traveling as well. When you say you have to scrunch it to fit, I'm assuming you can pack it full. Does it take up much more room than a regular packing cube since it has straps? By any any chance do you have any pics you can post with it inside of the synapse 25? Thanks.

For a recent trip I used two small Aeronaut packing cubes and was happy to be able to move them around inside my Synapse. I also had a 15" laptop and other things.

I'm taking another trip next week and I'll likely use the TS/WF PCBP for my clothes because I'll have more outfits and fewer electronics.

TL;DR version: depending on what else you're packing, you may want one large cube or a few smaller ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my setup. It was fun to recreate because it reminded me of how well organized I was on my trip to Italy, a feat I'm unaccustomed to in real life
    Here's the WF PCBP, inverted. It can fit a Tristar medium packing cube and a PCSB, with some overlap.
    Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 985
Size:  159.6 KB

And here it is, zipped up and snug in the Synapse 25.
    Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 981
Size:  160.6 KB