I'm thinking about putting my Ristretto for iPad onto eBay and grabbing a Co-pilot as my everyday bag but thought I'd seek the wisdom of the forum to get a better idea of whether it will suit my needs.
I would like my daily carry to be able to include the following:
Items I think/hope will fit in front three pockets:
- mini pouch for coins
- mini pouch for earbuds
- mini pouch for work name badge and security tag
- field notes note book
- sometimes a water bottle
Items I would expect to carry in the main pocket:
- book (obviously very in size)
- rhodia A5 notepad in cover
- lunchbox (usually a flat square one just a bit bigger the size of a sandwich)
- small pouch containing a packet of moist wipes (so useful with little kids)
- a folded up shop bag or envirosax etc for bringing books to and from the library (work) or other extra bits.
Add to that occasional extra bits and pieces in mini or small pouches.
I can't fit all that in the Ristretto. Even just fitting a hardback book without the water bottle or lunchbox can be problematic. I can get it in there, but then find it difficult to get things out of the front pockets or to find pouches hanging and squished in the main pocket.
So, do Co-pilot users think this lot will fit and be reasonably accessible. Often I won't be carrying this entire load. If I'm reading an ebook, there's no novel. I'm not always carrying a lunch box etc. My gut feeling is I should be OK and I think the horizontal format will make things more accessible than the vertical Ristretto.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.