I'm looking for feedback from Tri-star owners on the following: carrying a slim laptop bag inside the Tri-star. This is a modified one bag solution; I call it the "2-in-1" bag solution.
Goal: fit a slim laptop bag inside the Tri-star for a 3 day business trip. Packing list:
- Business attire: 3 sets of dress shirts/pants/socks/undershirts; no suit jacket.
- Casual clothing: a pair of jeans, several polo shirts; a thin, light-weight sweater.
- Work-out attire: 2 sets (shirt/shorts/socks, all made out of thin synthetic materials).
- Shoes: 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of thin casual shoes (think Pumas).
- Miscellaneous: zip-top bag with toiletries; a small paperback book.
- Electronics: a Lenovo laptop and power adapter; an iPad; several small cords and adapters.
I'm a good packer and I have no worries that all of this could easily fit inside the Tri-star. The questions is whether a slim laptop bag in the center compartment would take up too much room. At the moment, I've selected the Brenthaven ProStyle Slim Pack as the laptop bag. It's dimensions are 12.5" W x 18" H x 3" D. I picked it over a Brain Cell, as it has a little more capacity for things like power adapters, cables, etc.
Why I want to go with this approach:
- Although I may often keep the laptop bag outside of the Tri-star, there are times when it would be nice to handle just one bag (i.e., airport security lines, getting in and out of taxis, etc.)
- If I'm forced to check the Tri-star, I can quickly remove my laptop and other electronics. (I realize it should be rare to have to check the Tri-star, but it could happen).
- I'd like to leave the Tri-star at the hotel and use a smaller bag when visiting clients.