Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Small Cafe Bag color

Small Cafe Bag color

I am thinking about picking up an SCB for those times when I need to bring along more than the SE holds. But I can't decide on a color. I currently own an azalea SCB (which I love) and am looking for something that would coordinate with my other bags -- the colors I own are French blue, burnt orange, and aubergine. Suggestions?

(ETA: I know I could do black, but that is too boring. I am thinking maybe olive or linen?).
    Last edited by brendabethman; 11-09-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by brendabethman View Post
    I am thinking about picking up an SCB for those times when I need to bring along more than the SE holds. But I can't decide on a color. I currently own an azalea SCB (which I love) and am looking for something that would coordinate with my other bags -- the colors I own are French blue, burnt orange, and aubergine. Suggestions?

(ETA: I know I could do black, but that is too boring. I am thinking maybe olive or linen?).
    There's always the linen goes with everything theory. Among the other Small Cafe Bags currently listed on the web page, Cocoa/Olive is a nice combination, but Cocoa is a bit dark for Aubergine, and wouldn't go as well as Olive would. (Olive is not currently available). On the other hand, Cocoa goes really well with Burnt Orange and French Blue.

HTH

ETA: I think the best pictures of the linen/navy small cafe bag that is currently the option for linen were the ones posted by @kkintea
    Last edited by moriond; 11-09-2014 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Added link to post with linen/navy SCB pictures

Have you considered coyote? It's awesome with burnt orange, works with French Blue and would probably work with Aubergine.

Any of them would work. I'd try coyote for something different. I love love love azalea though!

Oooohhh, the cocoa is pretty. Now I am torn between that and linen (I know, I know, the answer is both. The answer is always both :-) The Coyote is nice, too, but I think I think I like the other two better.

And yes, I LOVE the azalea, but it looks pretty terrible with burnt orange.
    Janine likes this.

I have a cocoa/cayenne ristretto. Love those colours.

Quote Originally Posted by lisajt View Post
    I have a cocoa/cayenne ristretto. Love those colours.
    I am super tempted by the cocoa, but am also looking at picking up a grey S25 for a study abroad trip I will be leading in the spring. So I am wondering if linen wouldn't be the better choice as I don't know if the grey and cocoa would work together.

And thanks @moriond for the links the awesome pics by @kkintea

I am super tempted by the cocoa, but am also looking at picking up a grey S25 for a study abroad trip I will be leading in the spring. So I am wondering if linen wouldn't be the better choice as I don't know if the grey and cocoa would work together.
    I don't worry so much about the colours of separate pieces coordinating. If I like the individual colour of something that's good enough for me most of the time. Linen and grey would probably look better together but I don't think cocoa and grey would be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by lisajt View Post
    I don't worry so much about the colours of separate pieces coordinating. If I like the individual colour of something that's good enough for me most of the time. Linen and grey would probably look better together but I don't think cocoa and grey would be awful.
    I have this obsessive need for things to match. Not exactly, but to coordinate. It's an illness :-)
    lisajt likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    I have this obsessive need for things to match. Not exactly, but to coordinate. It's an illness :-)
    I don't have a Coyote sample, except for straps and the Q-Kit shown here, lying on top of linen. The Clear Organizer Wallet backs are (in fan shape from left to right) Cocoa, Olive, Burnt Orange, Grey, Aubergine, and Azalea. Medium pouch at top left is French Blue. Top right shows Cocoa/Olive Ristretto for iPad.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415577447.920333.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  100.8 KB

HTH moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I don't have a Coyote sample, except for straps and the Q-Kit shown here, lying on top of linen. The Clear Organizer Wallet backs are (in fan shape from left to right) Cocoa, Olive, Burnt Orange, Grey, Aubergine, and Azalea. Medium pouch at top left is French Blue. Top right shows Cocoa/Olive Ristretto for iPad.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415577447.920333.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  100.8 KB

HTH moriond
    My, that is all very pretty! And now I think cocoa and grey could work together, so am leaning in that direction. Thanks for the fab pic!
    lisajt likes this.

Coy-ote

Name:  coyoteplus.JPG
Views: 235
Size:  675.8 KB

Thanks again, all, for the advice and pics. Linen and coyote were both on back order so I went with cocoa. (Oh, and a grey S25, about which I am SUPER excited :-)

you will love the S25 in grey. it is awesome!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0