Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree24Likes
  • 7 Post By terayon
  • 1 Post By MtnMan
  • 10 Post By Ilkyway
  • 1 Post By adalangdon
  • 5 Post By MtnMan

Thread: Synapse Freudian Slip questions

Synapse Freudian Slip questions

Frist, a stupid question: would the newly released Synapse 25's Freudian Slip fit in the main compartment of the Guide's Pack?

Also:

How is the best way to carry the Slip in a Synapse if the Synapse is already carrying a Cache with Rails? (I assume one should be on top of the other.)

Has anyone tried carrying a Synapse with a loaded Slip, and opened the Synapse to extract items from the slip (say, a tablet and pencil, or maybe a mobile device) while the slip is still inside the Synapse? How well does that work?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

I only got the FS19 so I can't comment on the FS25, but as for the Cache question, the FS can easily fit alongside the Cache.

Sorry, the lighting is bad here, but here's my homemade felted iPad case impersonating a Cache, clipped in to the back rail loops. The FS is right beside it with the larger document pockets towards the back of the bag. The notebook and (nearly invisible) Kindle slide in and out very easily, though I should note that the bag is not at all stuffed.

And just 'cause I'm here and people on this train are already looking at me funny (I'm studiously pretending that this is perfectly normal behaviour), here's the other side of the FS in situ.

Alright, another stupid question:

What happens if you buy a Synapse 19 Freudian Slip and try to use it in a Synapse 25? Does it slosh around alot, or is it just a smaller Slip that still works well?
    timothy likes this.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post

What happens if you buy a Synapse 19 Freudian Slip and try to use it in a Synapse 25? Does it slosh around alot, or is it just a smaller Slip that still works well?
    I have the same question, if only out of curiosity. Soon enough I plan a S25, to be mated w/ a S25 Freudian Slip, after learning that the S25 Slip also works with the Daylight backpack, which makes the Daylight Backpack even more attractive.

Good to know I'm not alone with this question. I wonder if anyone has an answer...

Mine is out for delivery (YEA). When it is here, I'll try it out and report back. (If nobody beats me to it that is).

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post

And here is my opinion on this: it works just fine. No sloshing around. Yes you miss some of the possibilities of the larger FS but in terms of "working" it does exactly that.

You get a better padded back, you have the additional organization options and due to its form it stays put. I took some pictures for visual help. The width of the FS19 is about the width of the mashed part of the backpannel. I think that is the reason, why it works well. Or maybe it is the teared form? Or both? Well you can do it!

The FS25 is the one with a zipper in the upper part. The FS19 has no zippers.

Name:  FS für Synapse.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  465.6 KB

Name:  FS19.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  633.9 KB

Name:  FS25.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  401.3 KB

Name:  S25 FS19.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  561.4 KB

Name:  S25 FS25.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  530.3 KB

Since I never know in what order the pictures come out, I discribe them here:

- FS19 inside a Synapse 25
    - FS25 inside a Synapse 25
    - FS 19 on the backpannel of a Synapse 25
    - FS 25 on the backpannel of a Synapse 25
    - FS19 on a FS25

Hope this Helps

Ilkyway

It's remarkable how I think "PEAR" everytime I see the synapse FSes. Hope the parapack is keeping the fuzz away 8-)
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

Well, this backpack and accessory have obviously been Kitty tested and approved, so everything must be in order. Carry on...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0