Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Daylight backpack questions

Perfect, @ilkyway, thank you so much!!
    I have the same Nordic shoulder bag.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing! Nice to see that it would work. Thanks for the pictures @Ilkyway.

@bchaplin I don't think you can go wrong with the DLBP. Even though I read such rave reviews about it, I was still skeptical but am now totally in love with it.

@Ilkyway, your photos are making me drool over the French Blue DLBP. So you have one in Plum and one in French Blue as well?

And don't even get me started on that Nordic PCSB; I am so envious I almost can't stand myself. Why oh why didn't I order one while they were still in stock?

~Nancy
    Ilkyway likes this.

ncb4: I so hope there is someone willing to part with a PCSB for you. Saw your post in the trade-thread. Yes I have two Daylighter now... I love the plume to peaces BUT sometimes it does not work with my wardrobe and it definitely does not go well with my travel-bags which are all in Aubergine (at least to my eyes those two colors do not work well together). So now I can go back and forth between a purple and a blue option and that covers all my needs color-wise.

I was a total skeptic at first regarding the daylighter. I even had to sleep on it before I placed an order (all other bags I fell in love emedatly). But I love the inner organization so much. With my Synapses I have always a bit of a problem packing it properly: The front panel is no problem, but the main compartmend tends to swallow my stuff. I would LOVE to have these Pockets in the back of the Synapses so that I could use the upper space more effectively. I know about the possibility to tie a small pouch at the top of the Synapses. I just do not like how the Pack sacks if you set it down with a more or less heavy pouch at the top.

AND I love how slim the Daylighter is. You might not be allowed to have it in a museum but it is so slim on the bag, that you are not (so much) in danger to hit something or someone while turning. It does not look so backpacky too. And bchaplin, did you see eWalkers idea of caring the Daylighter in the back-pocket of the Co-Pilot to get the Co-Pilot into Backpack-Mode of a kind in less then a minute? Genius!!
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    ncb4: I so hope there is someone willing to part with a PCSB for you. Saw your post in the trade-thread. Yes I have two Daylighter now... I love the plume to peaces BUT sometimes it does not work with my wardrobe and it definitely does not go well with my travel-bags which are all in Aubergine (at least to my eyes those two colors do not work well together). So now I can go back and forth between a purple and a blue option and that covers all my needs color-wise.

I was a total skeptic at first regarding the daylighter. I even had to sleep on it before I placed an order (all other bags I fell in love emedatly). But I love the inner organization so much. With my Synapses I have always a bit of a problem packing it properly: The front panel is no problem, but the main compartmend tends to swallow my stuff. I would LOVE to have these Pockets in the back of the Synapses so that I could use the upper space more effectively. I know about the possibility to tie a small pouch at the top of the Synapses. I just do not like how the Pack sacks if you set it down with a more or less heavy pouch at the top.

AND I love how slim the Daylighter is. You might not be allowed to have it in a museum but it is so slim on the bag, that you are not (so much) in danger to hit something or someone while turning. It does not look so backpacky too. And bchaplin, did you see eWalkers idea of caring the Daylighter in the back-pocket of the Co-Pilot to get the Co-Pilot into Backpack-Mode of a kind in less then a minute? Genius!!
    Thanks for the good wishes on my hunt for a Nordic PCSB, Ilkyway. And thanks also for sharing your reaction to the Plum Daylight. One of the reasons I was thinking about getting a third one in Plum was because I have so many Aubergine bags, but your comment is making me rethink that. Maybe I should consider French Blue instead. Or maybe I should simply stick with my Black Dyneema, which I think goes very well with Aubergine.

I'm another skeptic like you, and I think a lot of other people here on the forum: when I first say the Daylight, I didn't think I wanted it. I haven't had good luck with backpacks in the past, so I couldn't see myself with one. But within 24 hours of receiving my first Daylight in Black Dyneema, I was in love! It carries so much, yet retains a slim profile. And the straps are so comfortable that I find myself entertaining the radical notion that I might switch from shoulder bags to Daylights entirely. I think I would need to continue carrying a Side Effect for things like my keys, phone, and wallet, but perhaps everything else in my EDC [every day carry] could go into a Daylight.

Carrying comfort is important to all of us, I think, but especially in my case because I am a WODZ: a Walking Orthopedic Disaster Zone. I've had neck surgery in the past two years, so I'm very sensitive to the amount of weight I carry, and how I carry it. Even my beloved Little Swifts were beginning to feel too heavy on my shoulders and neck. But the weight distribution in the Daylight makes the same amount of weight feel almost miraculously lighter; I'm more comfortable carrying it than I am the Little Swift these days. And since I'm currently trying to get used to walking with a heavy boot [Achilles tendon issues], it is also nice to have a bag that doesn't slide off my shoulder as any shoulder bag will do.

So if I'm switching to the Daylight as my EDC, naturally I need a lot of different colors!

~Nancy

@Ilkyway, could I ask a favor? Could you take a photo of your French Blue Daylight with one of your Aubergine bags? That might help me make up my mind whether I should order a third Daylight!

If you're too busy, I certainly understand.

~Nancy

Nancy,

There's a picture of. French blue DLBP and Aubergine co pilot on page 12 in the attachments gallery. I can't recall the thread, but it was the Same one where you were telling me I'd love the dyneema (French blue was my second choice). I think they look lovely together. But so would navy.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  74.4 KB

PS I want a Nordic PCBP too. Or a side effect. Or anything. I almost got a shopping bag, but I didn't have enough for a trade so lost out.
    ncb4 likes this.

Thanks so much, @Pokilani! This does help a lot; though I agree with you that Navy would also look nice with Aubergine. Which only makes my decision harder!

~Nancy

ncb4 I will add to the picture-example of Pokilani tomorrow. There is no good light here anymore and when it comes to colors light is importend. I was thinking about the navy too, but I wear so many dark tones, that I just wanted something cheerful on my back. I have to admit, that if TB does the Daylighter in this new silver color... I might get a third one. And if they have some Steel Dyneema in 400er left and doing the Daylighter in that...
    At first I thougth this Backpack would be "just" my Hollyday bag, that goes into the Aeronout while traveling and comes out at the destinationpoint. But these days they see as much of the world outside as my S19.

Ilkyway
    ncb4, WenV and eWalker like this.

Daylight backpack questions

I also think Olive would look amazing. Or the new Gray, as Ilkyway suggests.
    eWalker likes this.

OK, I bought the black dyneema backpack! Hope it works as well for me as for all of you!
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    OK, I bought the black dyneema backpack! Hope it works as well for me as for all of you!
    I hope so, too! Let us know when it arrives. I truly do love my Black Dyneema, and am crossing my fingers you will, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    I hope you like it as much as I do!

I deem Dyneema to be the perfect bag material for sidekick bags that you plan to use in marsupial mode!

Hopefully there will be more Dyneema options in the future to please more color tastes!

I think that the DLBP would look fan-tas-tic in a rich blue or purple Dyneema!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

@Pokilani, @ncb4
    I'm not sure whether this could ease a bit of your craze for Nordic 400d Bag. Just a few days ago, I made inquiry with TB Crew and was answered that they still have a few PCBP-TS/WF in Nordic/Black Dyneema.

The last "few" Nordic.
    Good Luck.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Used/Like New: SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0