Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Johnykwst
  • 1 Post By eWalker
  • 4 Post By tpnl
  • 2 Post By RhoFro

Thread: Pygmy Falcon II vs Synapse 19 or 25?

Pygmy Falcon II vs Synapse 19 or 25?

Hi All,
    I'm interested in the Synapse 19 and 25 but cant decide on size. I currently EDC a Pygmy Falcon II and find the main comparttment too small. Does anyone know how the Pygmy Falcon II's main compartment compares in size to the Synapse 19 or 25? That would really help make up my mnd. Thanks for any help.
    eWalker likes this.

Hi @Johnykwst ! I checked the specifications of the Pygmy Falcon II on Maxpedition site and it's capacity is 15 liters and the Synapse 19 is 19 liters and the Synapse 25 as you may have guessed is 25 liters.

From that fact alone I would say that either one would give more space then the Falcon, but the specific volume of the main compartment of each backpack is not available in either site.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Here is a link to an external review of an S25 and a quick reference and picture to the Pygmy Falcon II that may help:

Everyday Commentary: Tom Bihn Synapse 25 Review

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot/Cadet (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

I had a Falcon (not pygmy) and returned it because it was a lot smaller functional space than the specs lead one to believe, and the material was not to my liking. No comparison to the S19 or S25. I have them in dyneema but the Bihn cordura is a quantum leap past Maxpedition fabric; I think it's so stiff due to the waterproofing treatment? I know there are a lot of die hard Falcon fans but I've been spoiled by Bihn quality. For tac pacs I opted for Eberlestock & GoRuck. If you need it for EDC, you can't go wrong with a S19 for moderate size and build quality.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Hi @Johnykwst ! I checked the specifications of the Pygmy Falcon II on Maxpedition site and it's capacity is 15 liters and the Synapse 19 is 19 liters and the Synapse 25 as you may have guessed is 25 liters.

From that fact alone I would say that either one would give more space then the Falcon, but the specific volume of the main compartment of each backpack is not available in either site.
    I did notice that it says 15 liters on maxpedition's site but if you click specifications it will say 18 liters and I have seen other places that say 19 or 20 liters so I don't know which is the correct volume.

Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    I had a Falcon (not pygmy) and returned it because it was a lot smaller functional space than the specs lead one to believe, and the material was not to my liking. No comparison to the S19 or S25. I have them in dyneema but the Bihn cordura is a quantum leap past Maxpedition fabric; I think it's so stiff due to the waterproofing treatment? I know there are a lot of die hard Falcon fans but I've been spoiled by Bihn quality. For tac pacs I opted for Eberlestock & GoRuck. If you need it for EDC, you can't go wrong with a S19 for moderate size and build quality.
    Can you compare the internal space of the Falcon to the Synapse 19 and 25? Especially the maincompartment?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0