Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeff A

Thread: Brain Cell in a WF

Question Brain Cell in a WF

I should be getting my WF next week, YES!! I've been contemplating a Brain Cell for my 15" MacBook Pro. Once it's clipped into the WF, is there any additional space for a few articles of clothes, folders, etc.? Not sure how much space is taken up by the Brain Cell.

On the other hand, I already have a vertical cache for my Synapse 25. I can always toss that in the WF, of course it won't be secured because it doesn't have annex clips. Thanks for any help!
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Congrats on getting a WF! I just got one from a local TB owner that is the older style and Crimson in color - great size for a travel briefcase. I have never tried Crimson before but up to try it in a professional environment for travel.

To answer your question to the best of my knowledge:
    Note - I do not have a Horizontal Brain Cell but I have a similar case to the Brain Cell (same height and thickness but 1" longer - 16" vs 15") that I have tried and based things on.
    Given that each WF compartment is about 3" thick and the Brain Cell is 2.3" thick for a 4Z and 1.8" for the Retina Pro version, there is about 1" (1.5" stretched) of extra space to stack flat items like shirts and pants (in a packing cube is best) and about 1.5" (each side to put accessories, socks or other tall thin items perhaps in some TSS or YSF (estimated given my experience with the slightly bigger case I use). Note, if not using the annex clips, you could shift the Brain Cell to one side and have 3" or space. Note that I am describing the orientation (side, top, etc) with the WF in briefcase mode.

As always, someone with a true Brain Cell in the same size could further confirm things.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 08-13-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Zephyr/SA/BB (Black/Black/Steel), S25/TS/WF/A45 (Black/Iberian), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Thanks tpnl

Sounds like the Brain Cell will consume most of that space. Not a horrible thing, just wasn't sure. Congrats on your Crimson WF! From the various pics I've seen of Crimson it looks like an awesome color! Mine will be the rolling luggage version which I'm excited about because of the 2 extra pockets on the inside and 2 extra pockets on the outside!
    tpnl likes this.
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Wow! - the rare rolling luggage version! From what I understand, it is the exact same setup as the now discontinued Checkpoint Flyer that I have. I found the inner pockets extremely useful as they are like 2 small permanently attached packing cubes. The divided back is great to hold an umbrella or water bottle in the small section while still passed through the roller luggage handle. Convenient height to hold the water bottle too!
    The Brain Cell does take up a lot of the space but it is still usable for shirts and pants leaving the other compartment for shoes and other bulkier items. I actually like looking at the TS video that TB has to see how to pack things similarly in the WF:

Tri-Star travel bag by TOM BIHN on Vimeo

For mine, I was unsure of the Crimson at first when just seeing the pictures but in person it is very nice and rich - I suspect a but more "orange" than the Cardinal color that replaced it. But, as a Canadian, it is a perfect color - I might rename it to Maple Red (stealing @isablur's suggestion to bring back another Red color for Canadians).

Enjoy and hopefully we will cross paths with our WF!

Cheers!
    Zephyr/SA/BB (Black/Black/Steel), S25/TS/WF/A45 (Black/Iberian), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Awesome reply! I've definitely seen that video but not in awhile. Thanks for the reminder, as it now applies to me. The WF is Steel/Ultraviolet with a portable culture logo, too! I'm going to feel cool and vintage, haha! It's a beautiful bag, hoping I can pack lightly for a trip to Cozumel in March 2015. Mostly shorts, t-shirts and sandals

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0