Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Question about pilot/co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemee View Post
    If I get the Co-Pilot instead, can the laptop fit inside? the dimensions are 128.20.5–1.5 in.
    I like the black/wasabi co-pilot colour.

Trying hard to decide between the Co-Pilot and the Pilot
    Given that the Co-Pilot's external dimensions are 12" x 10" x 5", I don't think that laptop will fit very well. It will likely squeeze by the zippers without any case, but given that there is also no protection provided by the bag, I wouldn't recommend it.

Check out the video I posted a couple of weeks ago of the Pilot, which I do some comparisons of to the Co-Pilot. The laptop I used here is an 11" Chromebook that is a little taller than a MacBook Air 11". It obviously fits very easily into a Pilot, and it fits pretty easily into my Co-Pilot, but I don't think I would go with a larger laptop than that in the CP.

Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

OK. I don't really love the current colour combinations for the pilot right now though. Should I wait for new colours to come out or should I just buy one now? Not sure how long it takes for the new colours to come out...

I like the solar and wasabi interior, but would like black or gray for the exterior. (Gray preferably). I saw a picture of the forest and navy pilots and they look a bit too bright for bringing to my office.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemee View Post
    OK. I don't really love the current colour combinations for the pilot right now though. Should I wait for new colours to come out or should I just buy one now? Not sure how long it takes for the new colours to come out...

I like the solar and wasabi interior, but would like black or gray for the exterior. (Gray preferably). I saw a picture of the forest and navy pilots and they look a bit too bright for bringing to my office.
    Black/Wasabi is a pretty regular colour combination across a lot of bags. That should likely come back in a future product in batch.

Solar is being re-retired, so I wouldn't expect to see another production run done with Solar other than the current batch with Navy.

If you are ok with a grey exterior, consider the Steel/Ultraviolet. It looked really garish online, but it was love at first sight when I actually got some. You can see the combo close up in my Aeronaut 30 video.

If you don't love the current colours, I would say to wait. The bag is great, but you should buy the one you will really love.
    tpnl and Kippiann like this.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0