Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Moosezilla

Thread: Looking for a few recommendations for laundry and toiletry bags.

Looking for a few recommendations for laundry and toiletry bags.

Just got back from my first trip using only carry-on the other day, and it worked out great. I used the checkpoint Flyer that I've had for a few years, so that worked great as always. The new addition was the Aeronaut 45. I have a 3D Clear Organizer Cube that I used for 3-1-1. For the non-liquids I was going to get a Clear Quarter Packing Cube but it wasn't in stock for me to order before the trip so I used a ziploc bag. Now that I'm back though I was also thinking a Snake Charmer bag might work for non-liquid toiletries as well and was wondering if anyone has any pros or cons on either for that use? The one item I'm not 100% will fit in the Clear Quarter Packing Cube is my electric razor. It should fit diagonally in the cube, I'm just not sure if it would be too bulky and keep the cube from closing.

I'm also trying to decide if a regular stuff sack (most likely size 4) or the Laundry Stuff Sack would be better for dirty clothes, or even a combination of both. And if the Laundry Stuff Sack should I still think about an end pocket packing cube for socks and underwear, or just put the clean ones in one side of the LSS?

Thanks in advance, and I'm already looking forward to my next trip in October to get to use my new bag again.

We got the Snake Charmer to use for my husband's electric razor, replacing a beat up old kit that he had been using. It is quite large, larger than I expected (although fits just fine in the A45). If you have lots of stuff to pack, it would be ideal, but if not too much, I would go with something smaller. His razor and cords fit in one side with room left over. The other side can hold a full sized tube of toothpaste, a full sized deodorant, and then some.

I like the Laundry Stuff Sack. It will take up the whole end pocket (or most of it) in an Aeronaut, but the practicality is worth it to me. It's a little expensive, probably because it's like having two Stuff Sacks sewn together, but it's an elegant solution to an inelegant problem. You could some this in other ways though; a large stuff sack, an extra end cube, transferring clean clothes to another section while one cube becomes laundry, or just get a plastic bag. Not fancy, but typically can be just enough of your laundry isn't scary...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

If you're interested in saving some space/weight, I'd suggest looking into the following travel electric razor:

Amazon.com: Panasonic ES3831K Single Blade Travel Shaver, Black: Health & Personal Care

I has been using a much bigger and more expensive electric razor when I found this one. I was so happy with the results, I now use this little one every day.

Ifyou use a rotary type shaver, I also like:

Amazon.com: Philips Norelco PQ208/40 Travel Electric Razor: Health & Personal Care

I did a review of numerous travel size/battery operated shavers on my website about a year ago and these are the only two that did a good job. And I have a very tough beard.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
    We got the Snake Charmer to use for my husband's electric razor, replacing a beat up old kit that he had been using. It is quite large, larger than I expected (although fits just fine in the A45). If you have lots of stuff to pack, it would be ideal, but if not too much, I would go with something smaller. His razor and cords fit in one side with room left over. The other side can hold a full sized tube of toothpaste, a full sized deodorant, and then some.
    Agreeing with all of the above. The SC is a great all-purpose carry-odd-shaped-things-around bag, but quite big. If you are planning to store wet things like toothbrushes, the SC has the added advantage of a mesh front so that stuff dries out quickly and doesn't get gross.

However, if you're looking for something smaller, very rugged, and more dopp-kit like, a non-TB option is a Kifaru XS duffel. It should be able to hold an electric razor. I use a Highlander "print" one as my school/office-type toiletries kit and adore it. Very well-built, beefy, etc. and the fabrics are all awesome. (My SC is used for computer stuff.)

I use the Clear Quarter Packing Cube as my bathroom bag. I've been overall happy with it, and it seems there is ALWAYS room to stuff in one more thing. With it's 2 sides, there is really a lot of leeway for shoving things around so I would guess that you'll have no trouble with your razor. I put makeup/hair stuff on one side and soap/shower/deo/tooth stuff on the other. Not the best organization-wise, as the thing you want to get to always ends up at the bottom, but the double zips allow access to the area you want without the whole thing spilling open.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpkick View Post
    I use the Clear Quarter Packing Cube as my bathroom bag. I've been overall happy with it, and it seems there is ALWAYS room to stuff in one more thing. With it's 2 sides, there is really a lot of leeway for shoving things around so I would guess that you'll have no trouble with your razor. I put makeup/hair stuff on one side and soap/shower/deo/tooth stuff on the other. Not the best organization-wise, as the thing you want to get to always ends up at the bottom, but the double zips allow access to the area you want without the whole thing spilling open.
    +1 on the CQPC - I use it often as a dopp kit for longer trips. For shorter trips I use one of my (too) many Side Effects.
    --------------------------------

Yet another vote for the CQPC as a bathroom bag/dopp kit. I have one in Solar which lives permanently in one end pocket of my A45, and holds shower gel/deodorant/toothpaste/brush/razor/etc on one side, with the shaving cream/moisturiser/insect bite cream/etc/etc/etc on the other. I don't fly with that setup obviously, but most of my travel is to London for work. I just take the whole thing out and put it in the bathroom at my hotel for the duration.

Incidentally the shower gel is a fullsize bottle of L'Occitane Verbena shower gel, which sits next to a regular sized pump spray of Pit Rok liquid deodorant etc; the shaving cream in the other side is a fullsize tube of L'Occitane Cade shaving cream... The CQPC is pretty capacious!
    A45 crim/stl TS navy/solr A30 aub/wsbi S19 nrdc/stl P nrdc/solr CP blk/stl; SE wsbi CQPC ibrn, solr Ri aub/stl 3DCC card TSS4 wsbi K card TT solr,nrdc,blk CC card/stl PCBP solr PP navy QK frst,cyte,aub + loadsa cubes!

I've always used a size 4 stuff sack for dirty clothes...undies, socks, other small things. My dirty pants and shirts get refolded or rolled and packed into another empty packing cube. Then when I get home I can just unfasten the stuff sack and unzip the packing cube(s) and dump them into the washer or the hamper.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0