Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Janine
  • 3 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By Janine

Thread: Where's the Field Journal love?

Where's the Field Journal love?

Once again, my forum search fu is weak. Where are all the threads extolling the virtues of the FJN? Because the FJN isn't currently available, so of course I suddenly decide that I need one.

I'm particularly interested in how folks are using the FJN with iPad Minis or other 8" tablets.

Thanks, everyone!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Because the FJN isn't currently available, so of course I suddenly decide that I need one.
    I can't address the FJN function as I've never even seen one, but a few weeks ago when I asked the Crew, they had a single one left in navy parapack. At that time, there were no plans for a cordura run that they knew of, but it sounded like another run would be in the works later in 2014, probably in parapack. I hope I'm stating all this accurately.

Very funny. It is the same here. As soon as it was gone I started to think about how I would use one. And since I resently aquired an 8" Tablet, I too would like to combine thouse two.

Edit: man there where a lot of typos... Sorry about that. Must have been a Watermelon gone thous...
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 08-11-2014 at 05:42 AM.

I believe that Darcy stated that there was a tablet incorporating version in the works.

It is possible that, if we are more vocal about the need of an FJN for tablets.

The design takes priority.

But, since the timing of the best design, as in ready for production, after many prototypes, is up to Tom. We have to wait.

I can't post a link but the thread titled Loads of Lefty Love might help.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Moose's post: Loads of Lefty Love
    Loads of Lefty Love

Post tagged with the Field Journal Notebook header:

field journal notebook - Search Results - TOM BIHN Bags Forums

TB FJN set on Flicker
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/tombih...7629920555141/
    Last edited by backpack; 08-11-2014 at 07:06 PM.
    Moose, Janine and nsh like this.

Thank you for the links, @backpack!

I just ordered a set of Uncalendar pages, and I'm going to order some accessories from the Mothership today. Squee! Decking out a FJN is surprisingly fun. :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Thank you for the links, @backpack!

I just ordered a set of Uncalendar pages, and I'm going to order some accessories from the Mothership today. Squee! Decking out a FJN is surprisingly fun. :-)
    The FJN is the size of the SCB, as such, a doable EDC for children.

I suggest an extra Plastic Leaf. It will keep your last paper page from curling.

2 Plastic Leaves can make a really fun little fun notebook on the go, which fits in the SCB.

It is perfect for errands done minimalist style or a mini notebook for little one that you can fill with printer paper or construction paper cut in half and punched.

Small binder rings, paracord or ribbons with strong but manageable for an adult to untie, knots can be used to keep together the components of the Compact Bihnanas Notebook.*
    Stickers can be used to personalize the plain Plastic Leaf.

I tried to use the Double Carabiner to secure the two Plastic Leaf together, it doesn't work well.

1-1/2" Triangle Metal Hooks in the TB Parts page might work better.

* Who, but Bihnthusiasts, would think of DIYing TB Accessories into something else.
    Last edited by backpack; 08-26-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0