Co-Pilot inside of another bag

Hi:

I have an odd question. I travel once a month to Europe from the West Coast. I typically pack a bag that I check. In addition, I pack a backpack with a laptop, ipad, iphone, etc. All of the normal stuff. I would prefer to pack a bag such as the Co-Pilot in which I would put my ipad, charger, medicine that I take in-flight and a few other items. The backpack would hold the computer, some toiletries, etc. Ideally, I would place the pre-packed co-pilot in the backpack, pull it out when I board, stick the backpack in the overhead and keep the co-pilot under the seat or on my person. Does anyone have any experience doing this with the Aeronaut, WF or Tri-Star? Strange question, I know, but I'm a bit particular as to how I pack. I would keep the co-pilot pre-packed, and just grab it to throw into the backpack. I have a brain-bag, but view that as unlikely.

I took a look for any threads that addressed it so if someone knows of one, please let me know.

Thanks!

I have paced a Copilot in the Aeronaut 45, but I don't travel with a computer, so I've never packed a computer in the Aeronaut. Also, the Copilot fits in a Synapse 25. But I'm not sure if it would fit in a Synapse that also has a computer in it. I think I've obfuscated enough... I hope someone else can chime in!

IMHO, the A45, A30, WF and TS will accommodate a moderately packed Co-Pilot fine with no bulging - 3" thick would optimal to prevent bulging. Note that I am assuming that you are thinking of these bags as a replacement for your backpack and not the bag you check in.
    If you already pack a bag that you check in, the Aeronaut 45/30 and even the TS would be overkill if, in addition to the Co-Pilot, you are only putting in a computer and some toiletries and other misc. items but not clothes or shoes. The Aeronauts and TS would make sense if you wanted to one bag it. The WF is probably your best option of the 4 as it has the volume of a SA but in a "luggage" format with backpack straps - if you know what I mean.
    Note - if your computer is large, you may need to snap open / unzip one or both Aeronaut expansion points to accommodate it. The TS and WF are fine.

One note: I am a bit confused between your comment about wanting to still use a Co-Pilot in a backpack and that you have not mentioned the S25 or SA and commented that the BB as unlikely. Can you explain a bit more? I agree with @Rocks that an S25 (or even an SA) would work well. The BB would be overkill unless you needed more room coming back to pack extra stuff (gifts, etc.)

Hope I am understanding your question.

Cheers!
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post

One note: I am a bit confused between your comment about wanting to still use a Co-Pilot in a backpack and that you have not mentioned the S25 or SA and commented that the BB as unlikely. Can you explain a bit more? I agree with @Rocks that an S25 (or even an SA) would work well. The BB would be overkill unless you needed more room coming back to pack extra stuff (gifts, etc.)

Hope I am understanding your question.

Cheers!
    Thanks for the feedback. I had thought, and I may be entirely incorrect, that the Co-Pilot would not fit inside the BB with a computer. Would you say that is a bad assumption? You're correct, I would not put any shoes, etc. in the backpack. As you point out, I often come back with a few additional items so would want a bit of room in the backpack for those "gifts". The addition item that I would carry on in the backpack is a binder. So in the backpack I would have a computer (which I have in a braincell), a binder (which is as thick as the computer), a Co-Pilot (which would hold ipad, headphones, a few cables, etc) and a few other odds and ends (sunglasses, mouse, computer power, etc). Is the thought that this would all fit in the BB with no problem? I don't have an issue in not having to buy another backpack. Thanks!

Sorry! I also meant to say that I'm likely to dump the computer, etc. at the local office and then use the Co-Pilot as my EDC. Thanks!

Why do you view the BB as unlikely? The copilot fits perfectly in one of the compartments and then the computer and other accessories would fit in the other compartment. That would make it easiest to simply pull out the CoPilot on the plane as well since there would be nothing else in that compartment. Otherwise, WF or SA. I don't think the S25 could fit a copilot and laptop, but who knows. These bags are caverns

Thanks! Sounds like it will fit right inside of my BB. I'll take a look for the appropriate accessories.

I agree with @DubbySmurf that the BB would definitely fit your needs. By volume, it is the second largest bag that TB makes behind the A45. It is even bigger than the TS. But, it has the ability to "shrink" because of the compression straps. This one of the reasons I like it so much. Also, if your Brain Cell is vertical, the backpack (as apposed to the A45/30, TS, WS) is better as it works with the vertical orientation. In fact, a full Pilot will fit in the BB.

Plus, this saves you from buying another bag ... though you could get a Side Effect, Lead's Pocket or PCSB to complement the BB ... and feed you TBAS.
    Also the SE, LP and PCSB make good waist bags in addition to attaching to the Annex Clips in the BB (SE and LP).

See links below for a CoPilot in a BB and how other accessories can fit (and other options):

Need advice for my next computer bag
    Brain Bag and accessories

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 08-09-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0