Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Aeon
  • 1 Post By Rufus
  • 1 Post By jenlrile

Thread: Lunch box ideas for S25

Lunch box ideas for S25

I'm looking to add a lunch box to my S25. The only thing in my main compartment is a 15" MacBook Pro in a Cache with Rails. Has anyone used an eBags Slim Lunch Box with their S25? I need a lunch box that I can add an ice pack to, like this one for example. Thanks for any ideas!

Amazon.com: eBags Slim Lunch Box (Grasshopper): Kitchen & Dining
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

The eBags Slim fits in the S25 with a lot of room to spare -- especially at the top of the bag. I don't carry a laptop in my S25, but I do routinely carry a thick 2" hardback book in the main compartment. I also carry my planner, an umbrella, my SE, and sometimes papers in the main compartment as well. FWIW, I can fit all this minus the book in the main compartment of the S19, but the pack becomes too bulgy for me and I wish I used the 25 instead.
    Jeff A likes this.
    currently:
    • Burnt Orange: Synapse 19 (steel), Synapse 25 (steel), Organizer Wallet, 3D COC, small and medium DOP
    • Black: Side Effect (steel), small padded OP
    • Grey or Steel: small clear OP (steel)
    want: Aeronaut 30 (black/steel), DLBP (black or steel), Synapse 25 (grey/steel), more BURNT ORANGE: OPs, keystraps, Side Effect, Ballistic Nylon, 200d Dyneema

I use this one: Amazon.com: Gel-Cool Twin Polar Bear Japanese Bento Box: Kitchen & Dining

I actually have two of them (one is the polar bear design, the other plain black). They can be stacked on each other and each has an icepack lid! If you use just one, you can stick it in the bottom pocket of your S25.
    Jeff A likes this.

+1 on the ebags Slim lunch box. It does not have rigid sides and compresses flat when empty. It easily fits 2 standard size Lunchbots Bento containers. Add 1 or 2 half inch ice packs, and you have a fairly compact portable lunch bag. I carry it in the exterior pocket of my TB ID briefcase.

eBags slim lunch box in S25 is my everyday setup too, which I bought based on advice in these forums.
    Jeff A likes this.

I finally got around to getting the eBags Slim Lunch Box. Check it out, great lunch box. Thanks everyone

New eBags Slim Lunch Box in S25
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0