Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Buy the current Aeronaut 45 or wait for the new version?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Thanks pokilani. Gotcha. Still, being able to expand like that seems very useful. I take it that the button snaps on the current model don't allow as much expansion, comparatively speaking.
    The snap end pockets WILL allow you to utilize ALL the Space in the end compartments.

I prefer the zippers face down, personally. I spoke with another TB owner during a layover in Atlanta; she mentioned that the zipper becomes "stiffer" as wear and tear rubs on the exposed teeth of the zipper. She had a lovely indigo/steel pilot with the teeth up; I had my beloved black/Iberian Aeronaut 45 (soon going to a new home and a cardinal WF with zipper face down to replace). The Aeronaut zippers were definitely smoother to operate than the Pilot's. But YMMV!
    bchaplin and tpnl like this.
    Seeking Cardinal Co-Pilot!

The stiff zippers do bother me. I read they'd get easier over time though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy the current Aeronaut 45 or wait for the new version?

So right now, all the the Aeronaut 45 colors (except blk/steel and blk/wasabi) are on backorder. If we order now, do we get the new ones in October at the lower price or will you continue to make the old style for those that paid $250?
    Last edited by Gadget Guy; 08-21-2014 at 09:58 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadget Guy View Post
    So right now, all the the Aeronaut 45 colors (except blk/steel and blk/wasabi) are on backorder. If we order now, do we get the new ones in October at the lower price or will you continue to make the old style for those that paid $250?
    If you order now, you'll get the old/current style. As soon as the new version is ready for pre-order, we'll update the Aeronaut page with new photos, an updated description, and the new price.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Adding to my Christmas list: New A45 and S25.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0