Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By luvdabags
  • 1 Post By bchaplin
  • 1 Post By monkeylady
  • 5 Post By moriond
  • 1 Post By readmore
  • 3 Post By Muni_Jedi
  • 1 Post By al85

Thread: What color Pilot should I order?

What color Pilot should I order?

I own an aubergine/wasabi aeronaut and tri-stat. I would like to get a pilot, but can't figure out what color to order. I love the idea of the navy/solar, but feel like it might clash with aubergine. I also like the steel/UV combo and think it's a better complement to my TB bags, but I also own 2 grey totes already (Tumi and Timbuk2). Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

aubergine looks divine with the blues of all sorts--especially navy. go for it!

Steel and navy both pair well with aubergine. Solar and wasabi, IMO, do not go together. But since they are on the insides it should not matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ilkyway likes this.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

I agree aubergine looks great with blue. ( or gray). I dont really like solar, but agree with bchaplin that it would be on the inside.

I tend to agree with bchaplin on solar and wasabi not being a love match. However, those colors are on the inside of the bags. No one will be lifting the petticoats to see the pantaloons but you. Go for it, if the navy speaks to your heart. Let's face it. It's gorgeous!
    RobNC likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Volunteer Moderator
    @monaheel If you love the idea of the Navy/Solar, I'd agree with @monkeylady and say, go for it. Aubergine and Navy is a color combination that many Swift users have tried to get back. Here's a picture from some of @Seikoguy's first posts, of color combinations and bags he bought as Christmas gifts for his family:

This is a picture of one of the Navy/Aubergine Swifts @Seikoguy bought for his mom, from his December 2012 post to the TB Anticipation Syndrome thread. You can scroll through from the linked post to view his other pictures of bags and fabrics. (He takes a lot of great pictures of bags in Aubergine, so if you want to view his images you can also go to the Attachments forum, click on the search option at the far right, and type in his username "Seikoguy" with the capital "S" and without the quotation marks into the Advanced search menu options, and press enter. You'll be able to browse through all his attachments, click on the thumbnails to view them as enlarged images, or click on the downward pointing arrow to find options for viewing the post in which they appeared.

Both Navy and Aubergine go well with Steel or other shades of gray. In addition, regardless of how you feel about the Navy/Solar combination (and I personally like it), there are some forum members who have stated that this is the perfect color combination, and with the second retirement of Solar you should have no problems finding someone who would be eager to get this bag, should they ever release the Pilot in another color combination you would prefer (like Aubergine).

HTH moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 08-01-2014 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Added previous image of Aubergine/Navy combination

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    regardless of how you fell about the Navy/Solar combination (and I personally like it), there are some forum members who have stated that this is the perfect color combination
    I am one of those forum members. My A45 in navy/solar is perfection. I have a second A45 in steel/UV that I like a lot but don't love. I bought that one for the family. The navy/solar Pilot is very tempting to me, even though I decided when it was released that the Pilot wouldn't work for me right now.
    moriond likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by readmore View Post
    I am one of those forum members. My A45 in navy/solar is perfection. I have a second A45 in steel/UV that I like a lot but don't love. I bought that one for the family. The navy/solar Pilot is very tempting to me, even though I decided when it was released that the Pilot wouldn't work for me right now.
    Same here too.
    Just last weekend, I have the opportunity to take the bag out for showing to my friend (and hopefully, to convert them to TB) and also a weekend getaway to my In-Law Family's house. I couldn't stop myself from repeatedly glance at my A45 Navy/Solar especially the Navy through my car's windows. The Navy color continue to amaze me, with different daylight at different angle of the bag's glance.

At some point, I even asked myself whether I was in love of the bag because it is my new "toy" or just the navy. I really don't know as I just own the Bag about 1 month. Not much usage yet.

Let's see whether I am biased or not (due to new toy) in a few weeks - I will be getting my Pilot in Steel Dyneema/Steel. See how it will go about then.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Used/Like New: SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

I'm waiting for Black Dynema/Ultraviolet because that will be divine (hint hint)

No love for Forest? I have several aubergine/wasabi bags, & my forest/steel Pilot certainly doesn't clash with them.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I have the navy/solar Pilot and it's lovely. True, wasabi and solar don't quite go together, but I don't know how much the liner color matters when you're going to be the only one that really sees it.
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0