Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By icebeng

Thread: Does the Ristretto 'Loosen Up'?

Does the Ristretto 'Loosen Up'?

I had a original style Ristretto 11 which, despite the foam laptop insert, was quite loose, possibly due to the Cordura fabric. It was the right balance between structure and flexibility.

I bought the newer Ristretto 13 in Ballistic Nylon and its a lot stiffer although a lot of that could be that its brand new and hasn't broken in yet.

Does anyone who uses the Ristretto 13 in ballistic every day know if they loosen up a bit from use?

Thanks
    A vote for "Portable Culture"
    Tri-Star ([Black/Steel), Aeronaut (Steel/UV), Pilot (Black Dyneema/Wasabi), Zephyr (Black/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Black/Iberian), Ristretto 13 (Navy/Solar), Large Cafe Bag (Linen/Navy), Small Cafe Bag (Plum/Wasabi), Side Effect (Navy/Solar) (Black Dyneema/Wasabi)(Aubergine/Wasabi), Travel Trays (UV/Iberian/Nordic/Black), Large Shop Bag (Nordic)

What color is it? This may sound goofy but it seems to me that kiwi gains more "give" with use than black or steel. I've noticed a difference in my kits. I have black, steel, aubergine and kiwi. I'll admit it could just be that I have an over active imagination.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I have the Steel Ballistic Ristretto 11 and have used it for almost two years (not daily but at least weekly), and have noticed that the ballistic material has softened up a bit. Definitely not as pliable as Cordura but it is floppier than when it was brand new.

Hope that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    What color is it? This may sound goofy but it seems to me that kiwi gains more "give" with use than black or steel. I've noticed a difference in my kits. I have black, steel, aubergine and kiwi. I'll admit it could just be that I have an over active imagination.
    Moose
    I think they're softer to start with, Moose.
    I have Q-Kits in all colors, the Kiwi is softer.
    Moose likes this.

Thanks all for the feedback. I have it in Navy/Solar.

I think I'll give it a good 'bashing' without damaging it. I wonder if actually it's the foam laptop insert which make it feel quite rigid. I recall my last ones foam being a little more pliable.

I'm sure this is quite a subjective thing anyway. Thanks for all your help.
    A vote for "Portable Culture"
    Tri-Star ([Black/Steel), Aeronaut (Steel/UV), Pilot (Black Dyneema/Wasabi), Zephyr (Black/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Black/Iberian), Ristretto 13 (Navy/Solar), Large Cafe Bag (Linen/Navy), Small Cafe Bag (Plum/Wasabi), Side Effect (Navy/Solar) (Black Dyneema/Wasabi)(Aubergine/Wasabi), Travel Trays (UV/Iberian/Nordic/Black), Large Shop Bag (Nordic)

Oh, if you're referring the the body of the Risretto, then, yes, mine still holds its form. But the flap is definitely Softer. Actually, I do like it that the body is firmer so as to protect my MacBook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0