Question For "Pilot" Users Who Are Frequent Travelers.

Hello. From what I understand, THE PILOT is not a carry-on issue on United, Delta and American. I tend to fly internationally as well. Mostly on Swiss, Austrian and Lufthansa.

Have any of you ever had an issue carry this bag on? Are they lax on THE PILOT as claimed, or have any of you had an issue?

Thanks a bunch for your response.

It's clearly way under the size of a carry on; I think you're talking about a personal item. United says 17x10x9 and it's 15x11x4 so I doubt you would get in called out since volume wise it's way under.

Quote Originally Posted by SilianRail View Post
    It's clearly way under the size of a carry on; I think you're talking about a personal item. United says 17x10x9 and it's 15x11x4 so I doubt you would get in called out since volume wise it's way under.
    That one inch too tall is going to be REALLY hard for a GA to notice. Even if you were asked to use the sizer, sizers are generally about an inch or so larger than the stated dimensions. If you don't totally fill the Pilot up, you could easily squish it below the 10" line.

Most laptop bags I come across in my regular business travel are a fair amount bigger than the Pilot, and no one bats an eyelash about them being used as personal items. In all likelihood, you should be fine @Braniff727. AFAIK, American doesn't even state dimensions for what they consider a personal item. it's just "smaller than your carry-on", and they give general examples such as a purse or laptop bag.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Ops! Sorry, you guys are correct - I meant as a personal item. THANK YOU for the input!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0