• 1 Post By Ilkyway
  • 2 Post By kkintea
  • 1 Post By GoStanford
  • 1 Post By Ilkyway
  • 2 Post By moriond
  • 2 Post By GoStanford

Thread: Color-question: Linen vs. Night Flight deviders

Color-question: Linen vs. Night Flight deviders

I have a tall clear Orginzer Pouch in what I think is linen cordura and now there are the deviders of the new Night Flight. Is this a special material for this purpose only or is it an other batch of linen?
    Long story short: I like that color, is there/will there a bag in it?

Ilkyway
    eWalker likes this.

I didn't get the NFTD dividers, but if they're like the IO ones, it's light silver cordura (according to IO product page) and feels a bit slippery. Linen would be darker by comparison.

Here are the IO dividers.

I had the NFTD dividers but returned. To me the material felt even smoother than Cordura, more like parapack, but I could be wrong as it had to stick to the Velcro on itself.

I can't compare to linen but it is indeed a gray-green almost like the verdigris on pennies or copper fountains. But in a nice way!
    eWalker likes this.

kkintea I think that is it. Thank you. I like that color and would love to see it combined with navy parapack. Just saying.

Ilkyway
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    @kkintea is correct that they used the same construction materials for dividers in the NFTD as was used for the Camera IO. @GoStanford this is the finer grade weight of Cordura, and not the 1000d associated with the exterior of Cafe Bags and Synapse Backpacks.

Aha - thanks for pointing this out! The material did feel more delicate than the 1000d Cordura so this makes sense why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I had the NFTD dividers but returned. To me the material felt even smoother than Cordura, more like parapack, but I could be wrong as it had to stick to the Velcro on itself.

I can't compare to linen but it is indeed a gray-green almost like the verdigris on pennies or copper fountains. But in a nice way!
    Hi GoStanford, I am interested in the NFTD. could you give us some thoughts of the NFTD dividers? why did you have it returned? Pictures would be great if you have them!

Quote Originally Posted by BobNagasaki View Post
    Hi GoStanford, I am interested in the NFTD. could you give us some thoughts of the NFTD dividers? why did you have it returned? Pictures would be great if you have them!
    I posted a bad picture of the divider in a separate thread on the NFTD I believe. The main reasons I returned the divider: I don't do camera photography so I don't need to carry delicate items like lenses. I would rather use the space taken by the divider in other ways. I just used the NFTD as a carry-on bag and I reallly liked having the main compartment be a single large area for boxes and snack containers or extra layers. I think, though, it is very individual dependent. Good luck with your decision! I know it is easier for me to be cavalier since return shipping is much more reasonable being domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I posted a bad picture of the divider in a separate thread on the NFTD I believe. The main reasons I returned the divider: I don't do camera photography so I don't need to carry delicate items like lenses. I would rather use the space taken by the divider in other ways. I just used the NFTD as a carry-on bag and I reallly liked having the main compartment be a single large area for boxes and snack containers or extra layers. I think, though, it is very individual dependent. Good luck with your decision! I know it is easier for me to be cavalier since return shipping is much more reasonable being domestic.
    Yeap, thank you for the insight. I found the photo with the dividers but they didn't really tell me much.Oh well . I would love to see photos of it "in action" from any NFTD owners!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0