Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: How does everyone access their phone when carrying a backpack?

Looks like they are using 200D
    ClaireJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
    That's what I'm hoping it will match my dyneema S25.
    Haha. My coming Pilot as well.

I just check the Shipping Rate to my Country. OMG, $35! I could get additional 2pcs for the Shipping Rate alone.

Looks like they are using 200D
    Where you manage to find that info?
    I'd been clicking and there, couldn't find more info.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Used/Like New: SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

There is also an attachment point here, if this is of use to anyone.

Nice find and it's dyneema too! Any chance of getting any pics of it attached?
    I'm traveling now (without my Synapse - eek!) but I'll be happy to post a pic in a couple days. I can confirm that it is 200D. I believe he uses black or gray dyneema depending on what's available. The color options come and go, so if you want a perfect color match you might want to email.

That said, like others here, if I need more items than just my phone at hand, I wear my Side Effect in front and find this works perfectly.

Another Dyneema (DyneemaX 210D) shoulder strap pouch with dimentions of 4" x 6.5". I have not used their products.

http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=46&products_id=71

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Another Dyneema (DyneemaX 210D) shoulder strap pouch with dimentions of 4" x 6.5". I have not used their products.

Mountain Laurel Designs
    I can vouch for MLD - I've used quite a bit of their gear for backpacking. They make some of the best shelter systems out there. Construction is top-notch. I had a couple of these shoulder pouches on an MLD pack and they're essentially the same design as the ones I mentioned above, except for the zipper orientation. DyneemaX products like this are actually fairly ubiquitous in ultralight backpacking, if you search with those keywords, and most are compatible with TB packs.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    That looks interesting. Where do you attach the other end?

I figured it you used two waist straps, you could kind of adapt the Side Effect into a super waist belt. There would be a lot of webbing slack to deal with though...
    Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    In my set-up, the other end of the SE is hanging down, not attached to anything. I have seen someone with the two-waist-strap solution here somewhere (moriond?) as well.
    Perhaps Hollie's thread here? I've been considering doing this, in order to have access to keys and a small water bottle, but it is a lot of extra slack. I have a bad habit of idly tying knots in any loose material at hand, and I can imagine having to cut myself out of my Synapse...
    Last edited by Linden; 08-03-2014 at 08:46 PM. Reason: corrected URL
    Hollie and tpnl like this.

Until Tom has time to design one for us I've been using a Timbuk2 Shagg Bag. It's no Tom Bihn but it works pretty well.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I decided to reply to this thread instead of making a new one, but perhaps it is a bit off-topic. If so, I can move it elsewhere.

Does anyone carry their phones in the built-in internal phone pockets (such as those in the cafe bags)? Does it seem protected from scratches there? I'm trying to decide whether to use that, with my naked cell phone, or buy a padded pouch.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3