Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Ultraviolet Synapse?!?!

Ultraviolet Synapse?!?!

So, I was just looking through some old posts, and I noticed one talking about an ultraviolet Synapse. My first thought was, "Surely they're talking about interior colors and just phrased it funny." And then I saw the pictures. So now I've learned that once upon a time, the Synapse backpacks had ultraviolet on the outside!!

This, obviously, raises the question: HOW DO I GET ONE?!

So, does anyone have one they'd be willing to sell/trade? Or is there any hope of ever seeing these made again?

Seriously, my heart is racing just looking at the pictures. (Or is it the coffee? )
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

Yes, I looked them up and they are BEAUTIFUL! Love the steel interior, too!

Even an ultraviolet SE to warm up the waters!

Oh, and may I simply say, UV SCB?

Sadly I believe these are at least a couple years old and from a short-lived run. I think I've also seen the occasional photo of bags in Iberian dyneema as an outer material. Just gorgeous, but also predates my TB-awareness/addiction.

I'm sure if anyone owned one of these lovelies, it would take a fair amount of cash (or karma) to try it from their hands...
    haraya likes this.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Sadly, it does look like some of the more artistic color options are in the past and TB is now in the stage of 'tried and true' basics. At least that's my impression as a fairly new comer, that begging for purple variants is way of life!

That being said, I think that a run of UV/steel SE's would be a humble and realistic request. (Ok, distant second choice, Steel D w UV).

I feel your pain. I squealed with delight when I saw that and I'm not even a big on backpacks.

celtical did you take the Daylight Backpack in Plum into account? I'd love a purple Synapse too, but my Daylighter in purple is totally awesome.

Thanks, Ilkyway, surely one for which to be grateful! I'm remembering that there's none of the usual Olive with the Plum in the DLP, which cheers me!

I've a little UV obsession going, I must confess. A family of Steely UV, outside and in. Love the Aubergine with that, too.

BTW, pray for an openhearted homecoming for apparently the last Steel D/Wasabi MCB, ordered on the strength of love for Steel D, even though all things wasabi have been previously returned. Guess I'll be able to resell it if we don't bond...

Quote Originally Posted by Pangifone View Post
    Or is there any hope of ever seeing these made again?
    I WISH. I think Iberian would rock an S19, too.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Doesn't dorayme have one?
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

I have one of the ultraviolet synapse 19 that I might be willing to trade for a black or nordic dyneema. I live in your area.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangifone View Post
    So, I was just looking through some old posts, and I noticed one talking about an ultraviolet Synapse. My first thought was, "Surely they're talking about interior colors and just phrased it funny." And then I saw the pictures. So now I've learned that once upon a time, the Synapse backpacks had ultraviolet on the outside!!

This, obviously, raises the question: HOW DO I GET ONE?!

So, does anyone have one they'd be willing to sell/trade? Or is there any hope of ever seeing these made again?

Seriously, my heart is racing just looking at the pictures. (Or is it the coffee? )
    @Pangifone The very last UV Dyneema Synapse sold by Tom Bihn went to @WhiteStar in February/March 2012 (depending on whether you count the date they located one on 2-24-2012 or the date in early March when she received it, after returning a Black/UV Synapse). See the thread Black Synapse Blues for the excited post reporting that one of the people at the TB store had managed to find one. @WhiteStar had a terrible run of luck in her first set of orders, with various items (including the UV Dyneema Synapse) going out of stock before she could order them. Then, suddenly things changed, and she got a UV Synapse, and also the last Large Cafe Bag in Turquoise/Wasabi.

They did limited production runs in 200d Dyneema of the Synapse in Ultraviolet/Steel and Iberian/Steel. They also did 200d Dyneema Steel/Solar.

HTH. moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Pangifone The very last UV Dyneema Synapse sold by Tom Bihn went to @WhiteStar in February/March 2012 (depending on whether you count the date they located one on 2-24-2012 or the date in early March when she received it, after returning a Black/UV Synapse). See the thread Black Synapse Blues for the excited post reporting that one of the people at the TB store had managed to find one. @WhiteStar had a terrible run of luck in her first set of orders, with various items (including the UV Dyneema Synapse) going out of stock before she could order them. Then, suddenly things changed, and she got a UV Synapse, and also the last Large Cafe Bag in Turquoise/Wasabi.

They did limited production runs in 200d Dyneema of the Synapse in Ultraviolet/Steel and Iberian/Steel. They also did 200d Dyneema Steel/Solar.

HTH. moriond
    @moriond, you are amazing! What other super powers do you have?
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I agree..how do you do it moriond??
    You should work for the FBI!

I remember I asked the crew a while ago about he UV Synapse and they said that they dont make them anymore, because theyuse the thinner UV dyneema now rather as a lining instead of an outside material.
    I wanted one for my daughter as a school bag.
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kajikaiko View Post
    I have one of the ultraviolet synapse 19 that I might be willing to trade for a black or nordic dyneema. I live in your area.
    I don't actually have a Synapse to trade, but PM me if you're interested in an Aubergine/Wasabi Smart Alec (with the works) instead, or if you'd be interested in selling it.
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

I have a UV/steel S19 that I love and would really like to have a uv SE to go with it. Like I need another SE...
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0