Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Small/Large Shop Bag with Vertical Brain Cell Size 1

Cool Small/Large Shop Bag with Vertical Brain Cell Size 1

Hello everyone,

I know the title sounds crazy and why would anyone want to carry this way.
    I don't mean to say this is a safe way to transport your Laptop from one place to another.
    Sometimes, I just tired of being organized - just wish to quickly (mindless) throw in my Size 1 Vertical Brain cell, Travel Tray, Water Bottle, PCSB and few clothes - and rush to my car and drove to my nearby neighbor or something.

Just saying. You may not have to agree to me.
    No offence intended in any way.

Okay. Here is what I need you guys help, since I don't have either size Shop Bag.
    If any of you have a Shop Bag and Size 1 Vertical Brain cell (11.2" W, 17.6" H), I wonder which is more likely could be carry well - Small or Large? Especially the part, where you will carried on your shoulder. Could anyone care to help out?
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Like New: Solar SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

I would assume that the larger shop bag would be the better fit, but the brain cell will still poke out the top. I've included the dimensions of the shops bags for comparison.

Small: External Dimensions - 11" x 10.25" x 6"
    Large: External Dimensions - 13.25" x 12.5" x 7.25"
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

I had thought too, that the Large Shop Bag should be a better fit.
    Large Shop Bag, do not have Steel color.

I had confirmed from TB Crew that they have 400d Steel Small Shop Bag available.

I also had checked the Specification, before I open this topic. The Dimension, I assumed, did not include the total height from the bottom of the bag up to the maximum height of the last point of the Handle.
    Correct me if I am wrong.

I think the height is just the bag itself, not including the handles. That said, I think it would be difficult to carry it on your shoulder since the brain cell will poke out above the top of the bag.
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

Small/Large Shop Bag with Vertical Brain Cell Size 1

Perfect time to ask this Q because I use the size 1 in the field for work and have it at home checking data. Here it is in the large solar shop bag. I have every color shop bag, but I think I've read you like solar @weirdguy.

It sticks out the top quite a bit, more so when you put it down vs carry. There's lots of extra bag in the around the brain cell; it might be better with more stuff in the bag, but it's already heavy given the 17" laptop. I would personally not use this combo. With the small bag, you would have a worse time of it. I also can not get my arm through for shoulder carry (update: you can carefully maneuver your arm through... read on to post #12). It's probably only viable for very short distances I would suggest using a TB shoulder strap on the cell instead and squeezing some small things in the mesh pockets. I use it inside the brain bag, where it fits beautifully with my other equipment.

HTH.

Edit: I do use the 13" cache in the shop bag sometimes as my personal item, and it works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kkintea; 07-25-2014 at 08:01 AM.
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

OMG @kkintea, that bag is fantastic. I'm very glad I put it on my wish list. Hopefully it will still be there when I can justify making another order.

@kkintea,
    Oh my, thanks for snapping those photos this quick.
    The Solar Shop Bag is amazing awesome! The same applies to your dog, too

I understand your point. I won't really recommend such combo to anyone too.
    Just that, sometimes I wish I could be quicker and less zip-up-down, less this and that.

I wonder if with a Large Shop Bag. Since the dimension is 2" larger or higher, perhaps could be shoulder carry?
    But no Solar... Lol. Nvm about that first.

Cutest photo bombing, ever!

@al85, if I am not mistaken, Darcy do mention before that Solar Dyneema will retire once its existing stock deplete. Just like Nordic, but not as quick as Nordic.

I also wonder whether I should get it now. USD35 Small Shop Bag, a reuseable shopping bag - just to carry groceries, is consider a luxury product at my place.
    I still giving it a very very very deep thought. Well, different story, if it could carry my laptop Brain Cell with ease. Lol
    haraya likes this.

@kkintea,
    If you wouldn't mind, would you mind measure the allowance length - which in between there is no obstruction from the brain cell so the handle can rest on the shoulder?
    I wish to see do some trial test with my existing reuseable bag. Hopefully, my shoulder allow it.

@weirdguy, I know solar is retiring (much sadness from me about this), but I can't quite justify another order just yet. By the time I can, I'm hoping the color will still be available. @kkintea mentioned in her post that she wasn't able to carry on her shoulder due to the height of the brain cell. I was going to suggest a Daylight backpack, but I think the height of the brain cell would make that an incredibly tight fit, if it even would fit.

Ok, you CAN wear the large shop bag with the v1 but you really have to watch putting your arm in and out. First try for my previous post, I banged my elbow going on and second try banged it taking off. The allowance is about 9". I used a fabric measure (not pictured), but included the TB ruler since others might be familiar with that metric.

Then I put the v1 in the small Nordic shop bag and there's NO WAY to carry it on the shoulder. There's hardly any strap leftover.

More photos and comparison to 13" cache:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ilkyway likes this.
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Cutest photo bombing, ever!
    Every opportunity she gets, @backpack!
    Ilkyway likes this.

@al85, I love Solar too. I hope there is more Solar lining in more bags like Co-Pilot/Pilot/Smart Alec.
    Well, I had been told by TB Crew that "not anytime soon". I am still trying my best to justify my purchase objectively, rather than being consumerism paradox all the way.

Yeah, I had read that @kkintea had trouble carry on her shoulder but from the photos, there seem to have ample of space. But photo could be deceiving, I understand.

Will see how it turns out. Thanks @kkintea again for your amazing photos.

UPDATE: Wow, wow... @kkintea. Deeply appreciate your help and those photos. They are amazing. You even have a TB Ruler!

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post

UPDATE: Wow, wow... @kkintea. Deeply appreciate your help and those photos. They are amazing. You even have a TB Ruler!
    You're quite welcome. The ruler comes with the Swift/Little Swift, but you can add it on to an order under Field Journal Accessories

In a pinch, you could use the large shop bag, but not the small shop bag, to carry your vertical 1 brain cell over the shoulder. But be mindful of the gap size inserting your arm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0