Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Small/Large Shop Bag with Vertical Brain Cell Size 1

@kkintea,

Again, appreciate your kind help.
    I estimated that the in-between allowance of your Solar Large Shop Bag is around 6" and I try my reuseable bag with about 6"-7" allowance as well.
    It was indeed a very tight fit and not comfortable, a no-no carrying for more than 3 minutes and walking. Lol.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Like New: Solar SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post

I also wonder whether I should get it now. USD35 Small Shop Bag, a reuseable shopping bag - just to carry groceries, is consider a luxury product at my place.
    I still giving it a very very very deep thought. Well, different story, if it could carry my laptop Brain Cell with ease. Lol

I totally get the hesitation - I didn't understand the usefulness of Shop Bags, till I got one. Now I have four! (And I'm sure I am nowhere near the top of the list for number of Shop Bags owned. ) Your usage may differ, but I use my Shop Bags every day.

The Large is my gym bag - I actually meant it to be temporary, till my Smart Alec arrived, but once my SA was here I still found I preferred the LSB. Easy to load, easy to clean, expands an amazing amount (why does clothing never fit back in as nicely for the trip home?).

The Smalls are constantly busy - they hold snacks for the kids, or I use one as my car bag for road trips (food/water, entertainment, electronics - my iPad mini fits nicely in a side pocket - knitting, etc.), or as a swim tote when going to the pool. In fact I would say holding groceries is one of their less frequent uses in my house!

I'm also taking one in my carry-on for our upcoming trip - I plan to stuff my SA in the LSB whenever it goes under the seat in front of me, plus I have overflow capacity for all the random things that don't seem to pack neatly back into my bag at the end of the flight.

I guess for me the Shop Bags function more as the closest thing to a hobo bag that Tom Bihn makes (though I don't know how helpful that is for you, weirdguy! ). They are definitely the most comfortable and practical tote I have ever used - lightweight, logical (I never lose anything in them), and practical (easy to clean and the pockets hold water bottles upright).
    Last edited by haraya; 07-25-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Wow, 4 huh. That's a consider a lot to me.

I initially plan to get 1 Small Shop Bag for my wife as her work tote bag. Her small handcarry bag is frequently overflow with her wallet, snack chamber, water bottle, keys, organizer pouch. I fear she may not like it due no "fashion" substance. I wouldn't comment on that part, it is quite subjective - everyone view is different.

Don't get me wrong, I do not believe Tom Bihn is not fashionable. I love Tom Bihn of its youthful/professional color and yet, the design is practical, clean and modern.
    One thing that I love the most of the Shop Bag is its two pocket. I don't think I have seen such awesome and important feature anywhere!

From your explanation, I could see myself "going" to have plenty of use. We have plan to become parents next year. Definitely, a lot to bring along especially visiting parents across the border. While also, during their growth. Other than that, I also have a similar idea of yours - overflow capacity during flight luggage check-in.

But should I get it now? Lol.

Anyway, I may get Solar Small for now, as I may not able to get over your irresistible "happy" Solar Shop Bag.
    haraya likes this.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Like New: Solar SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

I hear ya about the fashion... My daily style, if it can be called that, is sporty/minimalist. Not exactly high fashion, lol. I will say that the black Dyneema SSB works well for me in most situations, but I don't have to go in to an office every day.

(as for four... in my defense, I will say that I got them all before the price increase! All together, still cheaper than the last pair of shoes I bought! - but at this point in my life I am, admittedly, willing to pay for comfortable shoes. )

Hope you enjoy your Shop Bag, whenever you get one!

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Wow, 4 huh. That's a consider a lot to me.

I initially plan to get 1 Small Shop Bag for my wife as her work tote bag. Her small handcarry bag is frequently overflow with her wallet, snack chamber, water bottle, keys, organizer pouch. I fear she may not like it due no "fashion" substance. I wouldn't comment on that part, it is quite subjective - everyone view is different.

Don't get me wrong, I do not believe Tom Bihn is not fashionable. I love Tom Bihn of its youthful/professional color and yet, the design is practical, clean and modern.
    One thing that I love the most of the Shop Bag is its two pocket. I don't think I have seen such awesome and important feature anywhere!

From your explanation, I could see myself "going" to have plenty of use. We have plan to become parents next year. Definitely, a lot to bring along especially visiting parents across the border. While also, during their growth. Other than that, I also have a similar idea of yours - overflow capacity during flight luggage check-in.

But should I get it now? Lol.

Anyway, I may get Solar Small for now, as I may not able to get over [the] irresistible "happy" Solar Shop Bag.

@WeirdGuy - I sometimes use my LSB as a quick tote for work, too. It fits my 13" Mac Air, some client files, water bottle, SE, etc. There is no protection for the laptop, but my regular carry is a ballistic briefcase I've had since 1986 and there is no protection in there, either. I'm careful not to drop it, and it's only riding in my car from home to office. The LSB also easily fits my 17" work laptop horizontally. Plus you have the 2 interior pockets for last minute drop-ins like granola bars or fruit.

Both laptops will fit in the SSB, but they have to go in vertically. It's more awkward to carry that way, IMO.

I think the strap drops on both bags are the same, but I'm not 100% sure on that. They're both comfortable to carry with the padded straps.

Hope that helps.
    SE: b-Aubergine; c-Plum Indigo; d-Steel Nordic Black Solar Wasabi; pp-Olive

SWIFT: Turquoise Plum Hemp Aubergine Olive Nordic Kiwi INDIGO!!!!
    PCSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic
    SSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic
    LSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic Black

SCB: Plum Nordic
    MCB: Plum Nordic Storm Cocoa

IMAGO: Indigo/Plum, Navy/Cork, Black, Cocoa
    CO-PILOT: Indigo
    AERONAUT 45: Indigo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0