Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: How do you organize your Packing-Cubes?

How do you organize your Packing-Cubes?

Maybe this is a silly question but so far I have Packing Cubes for the Aeronout and the Pilot. On Monday there will be two for the Nightflight. So far nothing as gotten confused but I see myself in the future searching through a pile of Packing Cubes to find THE ONE.

What would be the point in having exactly fitting Cubes if not using them in the right bags? You say: keep them in that bag? Okay, but sometimes I do not need a Cube or I use one in a diferent Bag, just because it is convenient.

So laugh away at this silly problem but pleas tell me, what you do to keep them apart.

Ilkyway
    eWalker likes this.

I don't keep mine seperated. I keep them all in the largest cube. That keeps them all together so I don't have to go hunting for just the right size. When I need one I just pick the right size and go with it.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I keep mine in the largest compartment of each respective bag. (Thus, both PCBPs in the back compartment of the TS; the large and end pocket cubes in the main compartment of the A45). I nest my bags for storage and if I don't need, say, both PCBPs, I just stick the unneeded cube loose on top of the pile. I may change this practice when I am able to devise a storage system that is suitably partitioned, which will have to wait for the time being.

When I had a substantially larger collection of Eagle Creek packing cubes and sleeves, I kept everything flat in the largest packing sleeve. This was very handy but didn't justify me keeping all that EC stuff once I started buying Dyneema.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you organize your Packing-Cubes?

Now that I have a few I have started to label them with tiny tags. They only cost a few dollars for a large pack. I can post a photo when I get home.

----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I don't keep mine seperated. I keep them all in the largest cube. That keeps them all together so I don't have to go hunting for just the right size. When I need one I just pick the right size and go with it.
    But does this not involve a lot of guess-work?

Badger don't you use them in other bags? For example today I used my two small Pilot-cubes in the Smart Alec.

bchaplin I'd like to see those tags.

Ilkyway
    eWalker likes this.

Ilkyway, it's actually real easy. Being the family packing guru I'm pretty good at determining what wiil fit in which space and how to make it happen as efficiently as possible. It is really easy for me to see the size differences and know which one to grab.

However, it has been pointed out to me that I'm somewhat special that way. Actually I'm told it's weird but I prefer to think of it as a special talent.
    Moose

I definitely count it as a talent or more a gift. Can I take classes from/by (?) you? I am more like the: how can I have all these bags and nothing to put this (whatever it is I want to put into something at that time) into, typ of Person. Sigh...

Of course, if my, um, special talent, can be helpful to anyone I'll share, no problem.

On the back of the label in each cube I write an abbreviation for the bag it pairs with and which size cube it is, ex. Aero End, Tri Lg.

These are the tags I use. I think they only cost a few dollars. Just cardboard and string. I used a dime to show the size; that may not mean much to our non-U.S.-based forum members; sorry!

Name:  tag.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  78.0 KB

Name:  box.JPG
Views: 369
Size:  102.0 KB
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

I would say that the tag is probably a 2x2 cm square.

That's tiny! which pen do you use to write on it?

i don't have any formal list of my TB bag but I am aware of which one is appropriate for each circumstance and which accessories fit where.

Currently brainstorming the best use of SE versus PCSB versus CQPC versus 3D Cubes, by the way love all those acronyms.

I just stopped posting for a minute, to ponder the use of Laundry Stuff Sacks and I have concluded.... Well... more thinking is needed.
    Last edited by backpack; 07-23-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Illkyway-
    I have mostly eagle creek packing cubes in various sizes. Mostly the lightweight specter, but also a few of the heavier original style. I just store them nested in side the largest size cube.
    I really only use them when traveling, not on a daily basis.
    I also have 2 small and 1 large TB cubes for my WF. i just store those in the WF for now.
    I do have a aero30 on backorder, but only ordered 1 small cube for now. Thought I would see how my existing cubes worked first....

I an probably returning a WF small cube because it is quite close to the Pilot large cube and both are 200d.

I use stuff sacks in a rainbow of colors and use the Pilot cubes in my suitcase and in my Pilot.

Somebody here posted a nice photo of their TB bags all organized in a shelving unit - who was that?
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I an probably returning a WF small cube because it is quite close to the Pilot large cube and both are 200d.

I use stuff sacks in a rainbow of colors and use the Pilot cubes in my suitcase and in my Pilot.

Somebody here posted a nice photo of their TB bags all organized in a shelving unit - who was that?
    @GoStanford,

The WF small packing cube is conveniently sized for some uses like fitting into a Co-Pilot or into a Little Swift (not that I ever plan to use my Little Swift to carry a couple of complete outfit changes such as dress, skirt, top, jacket, etc., but it can be done). The photo organization you're thinking of is probably @taminca's Proof of My TB Obsession thread.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 07-23-2014 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Added link to Packing Cube for Co-Pilot thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post

Badger don't you use them in other bags? For example today I used my two small Pilot-cubes in the Smart Alec.
    Yes, I do; for me it's easiest to remember where the cubes are if I keep them in their respective bags. I don't generally use packing cubes if I'm just out and about, though: I use them for clothes when I travel so I kinda have to get the bags out anyway. You know. To admire them before I shove all my crap into them. 😊

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0