Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 0.16 Clear Urethane Discoloration

0.16 Clear Urethane Discoloration

I've been using my accessories for several months and, all of a sudden, the urethane on both the Quarter Clear Packing Cube and Organizer Pouch have become discolored. I can take a photo if necessary but it looks cloudy, almost like it had a powdery substance on it.

I tried to clean the Quarter Clear Packing Cube with water, then a natural gentle spray cleaner. Neither worked.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by lenalvsTB View Post
    I've been using my accessories for several months and, all of a sudden, the urethane on both the Quarter Clear Packing Cube and Organizer Pouch have become discolored. I can take a photo if necessary but it looks cloudy, almost like it had a powdery substance on it.

I tried to clean the Quarter Clear Packing Cube with water, then a natural gentle spray cleaner. Neither worked.
    This has happened to my organizer wallet pouch too. I thought it was some of the various cards or cash/change giving off some dust, but when I tried wiping it with a damp cloth, it didn't really seem to do anything. Comforting though sad to see I'm not the only one.

Was there an off batch of urethane? I've had the wallet since maybe last October, but it only really gets moderate use.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Contact TB customer service.

This is the same problem I have with one of my clear organizer wallets and my original 3D clear organizer cube. :/ I kind of figured it was just due to everyday use.
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

thanks for the replies. seems like I'm not the only one! I will definitely contact customer service but was hoping to hear something like "oh yes, simple green will clean that right up for you."

I have had the same problem with a clear organizer wallet and a mini organizer pouch. I have had success cleaning all of my TB bags (SA, Synapse, Aeronaut, Co-pilot) with Bronner's soap. When I tried to clean the wallet and pouch I was successful with the mini pouch, but not the wallet. Nothing I have tried has help the wallet

I've contacted customer service myself about this and they are willing to investigate the problem thoroughly.
    I'll let you know how it turns out.

I also contacted customer service and sent them photos and am waiting to hear back.

Interestingly, the common thread (among the 4-5 of us anyway) is the organizer wallet . Maybe it has something to do with the micro fibre dividers? Strange.

I will try to take some pictures after work today and send them over to TB Customer Service as well.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

0.16 Clear Urethane Discoloration

I've got one cloudy wallet also, but 3 others without the issue. I just repurposed it into a pouch rather than using it in its original function. If anyone has de-clouding success, please post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

The wallets definitely seem to be an issue. I could live with a cloudy wallet but it all started with the clear quarter packing cube that I use everyday and it is very unsightly. Here's a picture

Name:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 444
Size:  109.0 KB

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Whoa, weird.., thanks for letting us know about this, everyone. Doesn't seem to be a widespread issue thus far; we're in the process of investigating it and will let you know what we find.

In the meantime, to best address individual concerns -- could you emailus@tombihn.com? Sorry to ask you to do something extra, but that's the best way to reach us about broken buckles, repairs, or anything like that.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

@lenalvsTB That's exactly what a few of my items look like! I honestly assumed it was due to everyday use, but it seems like they are supposed to remain relatively clear.

@darcy Would you like us to attach photos to our emails?
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

@al85 I included pictures in my email to customer service. I definitely use mine multiple times daily but, since it is in my Synapse 25 which goes everywhere with me, it is never exposed to extreme temperatures. It doesn't seem like just partially unzipping/rezipping something should cause this issue.

Anyway, I am waiting to hear back from customer service.

Here's a shot of mine. I will email Customer Service as well.

Name:  _7304765.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  160.5 KB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0